About this blog
If you're looking for the latest news, commentary and money-saving tips from the business scene in York County, you've come to the right place. York Common Cents is the sounding board for the biz staff and those interested in money at the York Daily Record/ Sunday News.
- Old dog learns new tricks @NICAR14
- Do you have a Capital One credit card? You should expect a visit soon
- Made In York: Things you didn’t know were made here
- West York EMS chairman writes of regionalization following WellSpan decision
- Are more people landing jobs or are they simply dropping out of York County’s labor force?
- William Meneses on I report on health inspections. I have no idea where you should have dinner
- Christmas Eve shopping: It’s not procrastinating; it’s tradition | ShoppingWiz.net on How much of your holiday shopping is done online?
- Christmas Eve shopping: It’s not procrastinating; it’s tradition | Shopping Program on How much of your holiday shopping is done online?
- Tracy on Where do you get your stocking stuffers?
- bodyweight exercises for extraordinary strength pdf on Digital Divide: Among seniors, there are those who embrace technology and those who detest it
Popular Biz Tags#fitatwork Ashley Wislock business driving economy Emileigh Clare Facebook fit at work fitness food gas gasoline gas prices health holiday holidays ipad jobs journalism Lauren Boyer manufacturing money office life PA Pennsylvania reporting restaurants retail Saving saving money savings shopping social media spending store stores tech technology TheStreet YDR York York County york daily record York PA your money
Author Archives: Lauren Boyer
Yuengling makes ice cream. Well, now they do. A branch of the beer-making family is bringing back the tradition this year. It ended in the 1980s. The Yuengling name first became associated with ice cream in 1920 — which I’m … Continue reading
A few weeks ago, I spoke with Grantley EMS about the changes they’ve made regarding WellSpan’s recent decision to stop leasing paramedics to the community. Then, I saw this on the @YorkRegionalEMS Twitter account. (Yoe Ambulance changed its name recently … Continue reading
Harley-Davidson’s York County operations was recently recognized by IndustryWeek as one of its 2013 “Best Plants.” Why? According to the publication, “New Factory York” meets the challenge of operational excellence and keeps pushing for more.
On Christmas morning, my little sister and I still get stockings from my mom. She also fills a stocking for my dad, who is almost 60. She can’t help herself, I guess. We get the usual: Oranges. Sometimes a pomegranate. … Continue reading
Are you looking for work? I hear Harley is hiring. If you’re out of work, this sounds like the perfect opportunity. I mean, $16.75 to $23.30 per hour? That’s no chump change. The higher range of that is about $48,000 … Continue reading
Last year, I got a free 20-pound turkey from Giant. I just like free things. But, to be honest, I didn’t know what to do with it. (Aside from posing it in weird positions.) I’m usually a pretty good cook, … Continue reading
It’s a brisk winter day. The snow is falling. You’re finishing up your Christmas shopping at the redeveloped West Manchester Mall. You have several stores you need to visit. They are spread around the open air center. But it’s cold. … Continue reading
Warning: I’m about to complain about manners. I’m positive this problem has been happening as long as check out lines have existed, but here goes: The other day, I was in line at a certain discount clothier to purchase a … Continue reading
I started saving for retirement a few years ago when I started at the York Daily Record. At the time, it seemed pretty pointless. “Wouldn’t that money be better spent on things I need NOW, like utilities, rent, groceries, sushi, … Continue reading