About this blog
If you're looking for the latest news, commentary and money-saving tips from the business scene in York County, you've come to the right place. York Common Cents is the sounding board for the biz staff and those interested in money at the York Daily Record/ Sunday News.
- Old dog learns new tricks @NICAR14
- Do you have a Capital One credit card? You should expect a visit soon
- Made In York: Things you didn’t know were made here
- West York EMS chairman writes of regionalization following WellSpan decision
- Are more people landing jobs or are they simply dropping out of York County’s labor force?
- William Meneses on I report on health inspections. I have no idea where you should have dinner
- Christmas Eve shopping: It’s not procrastinating; it’s tradition | ShoppingWiz.net on How much of your holiday shopping is done online?
- Christmas Eve shopping: It’s not procrastinating; it’s tradition | Shopping Program on How much of your holiday shopping is done online?
- Tracy on Where do you get your stocking stuffers?
- bodyweight exercises for extraordinary strength pdf on Digital Divide: Among seniors, there are those who embrace technology and those who detest it
Popular Biz Tags#fitatwork Ashley Wislock business driving economy Emileigh Clare Facebook fit at work fitness food gas gasoline gas prices health holiday holidays ipad jobs journalism Lauren Boyer manufacturing money office life PA Pennsylvania reporting restaurants retail Saving saving money savings shopping social media spending store stores tech technology TheStreet YDR York York County york daily record York PA your money
Category Archives: Biz and Tech Expo
Ok, I’ll admit that, before last week, I had never heard of the Emig Mansion. In fact, I got a little lost on my way to cover a story on the historic bed & breakfast. Almost immediately after pulling into … Continue reading
Yesterday we said that Hershey was increasing prices for its candy because supplies and energy costs for them went up. Today, the Labor Department said a whole lot more than chocolate is going up in price. Inflation is double what … Continue reading
Now, I know I was idealistic coming out of school. Most grads are. But I am amazed that 68 percent of the members of Gen. Y (referring to someone who graduated high school in this millennium) said they would not … Continue reading
It is the No. 1 reason I do not cook as often as I would like. Spoiled produce. It only takes one unplanned late night at work or other schedule speed bump to throw off my well-laid plans of cooking … Continue reading
As we’re about to close out another week, it’s time for the weekly round up of top biz stories this week. Speed networking is all the rage. The Business and Tech expo was on Tuesday. First quarter homes sales weren’t … Continue reading
In my exploring of the expo, I saw a lot of really interesting displays companies had set up. I didn’t have time to take pictures of all of them, or even stop and talk to every single person there. That … Continue reading
Take a look at what BAE has displayed at their booth. I can only imagine it was interesting getting it in here.
The Revolution’s mascot made a special guest appearance.
It’s lunch time at the expo so I decided to scope out all the places you could grab free munchies here. There are tons of catering places represented, and they are all featuring pretty delicious-looking spreads. Here’s what I heard … Continue reading