About this blog
If you're looking for the latest news, commentary and money-saving tips from the business scene in York County, you've come to the right place. York Common Cents is the sounding board for the biz staff and those interested in money at the York Daily Record/ Sunday News.
- Old dog learns new tricks @NICAR14
- Do you have a Capital One credit card? You should expect a visit soon
- Made In York: Things you didn’t know were made here
- West York EMS chairman writes of regionalization following WellSpan decision
- Are more people landing jobs or are they simply dropping out of York County’s labor force?
- William Meneses on I report on health inspections. I have no idea where you should have dinner
- Christmas Eve shopping: It’s not procrastinating; it’s tradition | ShoppingWiz.net on How much of your holiday shopping is done online?
- Christmas Eve shopping: It’s not procrastinating; it’s tradition | Shopping Program on How much of your holiday shopping is done online?
- Tracy on Where do you get your stocking stuffers?
- bodyweight exercises for extraordinary strength pdf on Digital Divide: Among seniors, there are those who embrace technology and those who detest it
Popular Biz Tags#fitatwork Ashley Wislock business driving economy Emileigh Clare Facebook fit at work fitness food gas gasoline gas prices health holiday holidays ipad jobs journalism Lauren Boyer manufacturing money office life PA Pennsylvania reporting restaurants retail Saving saving money savings shopping social media spending store stores tech technology TheStreet YDR York York County york daily record York PA your money
Category Archives: City of York
Heading into the biggest retail weekend of the year, one downtown York merchant has a message for his customers. Well, 99 percent of them (according to a post on his Facebook page). “You suck.” It’s an unusual sentiment for a … Continue reading →
Usually, I don’t pay attention to TV commercials. For the most part, they all appear similar and do little to convey the benefits or negatives of a particular product. TV commercials are a signal to get up and grab a … Continue reading →
Video streaming by Ustream Weather, soil condition and labor are not the only big-ticket issues that are important to farmers. Before they’ve harvested their crop, farmers need to know how much it’s worth. They need to know where it’s going … Continue reading →
I like what I do for a living. Most days, I’m fortunate that I get to meet new people and report on interesting topics. But, not everyone has found similar satisfaction with their chosen career. In fact, I would expect … Continue reading →
I collect action figures that were popular in the 1980s. Maybe in 20 years, if I decide to sell my collection, I can recoup my investment. But, that’s as far as my silly hobby goes. A complete line of Masters … Continue reading →
When I bought my house nearly nine years ago, my mortgage broker practically screamed that 2004 was the best year to buy house. He assured us that mortgage rates had hit rock bottom and that if we didn’t buy a … Continue reading →
Spring Grove residents are full of ideas about what could be next for the Hoke House – a more than 250-year-old farmhouse currently owned by Rutter’s. The Mayor of Spring Grove has suggested that the vacant stone house become a … Continue reading →
. In the past, one of the few ways to gain entry into the former Lafayette Club in York was either as a guest attending a catered function or by becoming a member of the exclusive social and networking club … Continue reading →
Most residents who regularly park in York City have more than one story about how they believed they were unfairly cited by the downtown parking bureau. Yesterday, I joined that crew. But, in the process, I learned something that will … Continue reading →
Last night, moments after writing out a check to pay my mortgage, I noticed a USA Today story that detailed a new federal loan modification program designed to help struggling homeowners. Geared toward homeowners with loans backed by Freddie Mac … Continue reading →