About this blog
If you're looking for the latest news, commentary and money-saving tips from the business scene in York County, you've come to the right place. York Common Cents is the sounding board for the biz staff and those interested in money at the York Daily Record/ Sunday News.
- Old dog learns new tricks @NICAR14
- Do you have a Capital One credit card? You should expect a visit soon
- Made In York: Things you didn’t know were made here
- West York EMS chairman writes of regionalization following WellSpan decision
- Are more people landing jobs or are they simply dropping out of York County’s labor force?
- William Meneses on I report on health inspections. I have no idea where you should have dinner
- Christmas Eve shopping: It’s not procrastinating; it’s tradition | ShoppingWiz.net on How much of your holiday shopping is done online?
- Christmas Eve shopping: It’s not procrastinating; it’s tradition | Shopping Program on How much of your holiday shopping is done online?
- Tracy on Where do you get your stocking stuffers?
- bodyweight exercises for extraordinary strength pdf on Digital Divide: Among seniors, there are those who embrace technology and those who detest it
Popular Biz Tags#fitatwork Ashley Wislock business driving economy Emileigh Clare Facebook fit at work fitness food gas gasoline gas prices health holiday holidays ipad jobs journalism Lauren Boyer manufacturing money office life PA Pennsylvania reporting restaurants retail Saving saving money savings shopping social media spending store stores tech technology TheStreet YDR York York County york daily record York PA your money
Category Archives: Consumer issues
I really wish I had a Capital One credit card. I could use the help. No, I’m not talking about financial assistance. I’m refering to real, hands-on help at home and at work. Recently, Capital One sent a contract update … Continue reading
I tend to grocery shop hungry, so I developed rules to keep myself from impulse shopping.
We all love free stuff. But what does it really cost?
Spoutwood Farm Center located in Codorus Township was recently featured on the website of the organization Certified Naturally Grown. The certification is available to farms that do not use synthetic fertilizers, pesticides, herbicides, fungicides or GMOs. Similar to USDA certified … Continue reading
In a world of electronics, sometimes the hackers win.
This week while researching my story about the rise of dollar stores in York County, I had an epiphany. Dollar stores, with a smaller footprint than grocery stores or big box stores, can — and do — fit easily into … Continue reading
Crab populations in the Chesapeake Bay seem to be healthy, according to the latest report.