About this blog
If you're looking for the latest news, commentary and money-saving tips from the business scene in York County, you've come to the right place. York Common Cents is the sounding board for the biz staff and those interested in money at the York Daily Record/ Sunday News.
- Buffy's World | Don’t miss: Northeastern volleyball to Weis and Rutter’s giveaways on Rutter’s gas giveaway contest underway
- Free-Birthday-Stuff.com » Blog Archive » York Common Cents | Birthday money direct deposit – York Blog on Birthday money direct deposit
- Terrence Downs on What’s to love about the bar at the Yorktowne Hotel?
- Dieter on Candidates, businesspeople to meet
- York County health inspections for May 12 « Rotten Mold Issues on I report on health inspections. I have no idea where you should have dinner
Popular Biz Tags#fitatwork Ashley Wislock business driving economy Emileigh Clare Facebook fit at work fitness food gas gasoline gas prices health holiday holidays ipad jobs journalism Lauren Boyer money office life PA Pennsylvania reporting restaurants retail Saving saving money savings sean adkins shopping social media spending store stores tech technology TheStreet YDR York York County york daily record York PA your money
Category Archives: Farm
Rutter’s releases special blog posts in honor of National Dairy Month.
Lebanon Levi lends his support to Wolfgang Candy as they launch two new candy lines next week.
Do you raise chickens? Why? What got you started?
Turkey Day is over. Time to buy a tree!
As more and more stores continue to say they will no longer buy finely textured beef – which has been dubbed “pink slime” by activists – the beef industry is striking back, saying the filler is not bad for customers … Continue reading
First, bacon lovers were hit with skyrocketing prices for their favorite breakfast accompaniment, now lunchtime is taking a hit with a report from the Kansas City Star that a peanut shortage will cause peanut butter prices to skyrocket. The article … Continue reading
Earlier this year, I wrote about the soaring price of pork products, especially bacon, which reached record high prices in July – more than $4.40 per pound. Customers and restaurateurs alike complained that it was costing more than ever to … Continue reading
A coworker forwarded this Exchange post to me. Looks like a group is getting together to form a ‘Friends of Farmers Market’ group for the West Market Street market. They would like local farmers market fans to join and preserve … Continue reading