About this blog
If you're looking for the latest news, commentary and money-saving tips from the business scene in York County, you've come to the right place. York Common Cents is the sounding board for the biz staff and those interested in money at the York Daily Record/ Sunday News.
- Old dog learns new tricks @NICAR14
- Do you have a Capital One credit card? You should expect a visit soon
- Made In York: Things you didn’t know were made here
- West York EMS chairman writes of regionalization following WellSpan decision
- Are more people landing jobs or are they simply dropping out of York County’s labor force?
- William Meneses on I report on health inspections. I have no idea where you should have dinner
- Christmas Eve shopping: It’s not procrastinating; it’s tradition | ShoppingWiz.net on How much of your holiday shopping is done online?
- Christmas Eve shopping: It’s not procrastinating; it’s tradition | Shopping Program on How much of your holiday shopping is done online?
- Tracy on Where do you get your stocking stuffers?
- bodyweight exercises for extraordinary strength pdf on Digital Divide: Among seniors, there are those who embrace technology and those who detest it
Popular Biz Tags#fitatwork Ashley Wislock business driving economy Emileigh Clare Facebook fit at work fitness food gas gasoline gas prices health holiday holidays ipad jobs journalism Lauren Boyer manufacturing money office life PA Pennsylvania reporting restaurants retail Saving saving money savings shopping social media spending store stores tech technology TheStreet YDR York York County york daily record York PA your money
Category Archives: Green business
Spoutwood Farm Center located in Codorus Township was recently featured on the website of the organization Certified Naturally Grown. The certification is available to farms that do not use synthetic fertilizers, pesticides, herbicides, fungicides or GMOs. Similar to USDA certified … Continue reading
On the heels of my article yesterday about Rep. Saylor’s proposal to increase usage of natural gas vehicles, CNN.com has posted an interesting video, showing how Pennsylvania homeowners with gas wells on their properties were not informed by the PA … Continue reading
We had the governor visit York County — specifically, Voith — on Tuesday touting energy jobs and hydropower. Voith has seen its fair share of news lately. After some negotiations, the company and union reached a contract agreement in September. … Continue reading
Talk to most area new car dealers and you’ll likely learn that the government’s Cash for Clunkers program has been a success. Thanks to the program, demand for new cars is on the rise while dealer inventories are shrinking. However, … Continue reading
Electric cars are available for free test drives with admission to the Maryland Science Center now through July, according to the Baltimore Sun. The cars don’t go too fast and their charges don’t last too long, the Sun reported. Top … Continue reading
Lots of news today, folks. Sean Adkins reports that Spring Garden Township’s Memorial Hospital will lay off 32 workers and leave 21 other positions unfilled. These moves, like so many others lately, come in response to the recessed economy. The … Continue reading
I just read a brief in the November issue of Consumer Reports about groups and organizations that have “green” sounding names, but in fact aren’t very green. With the explosion of the environmental movement, it’s always important to keep in … Continue reading
So I just said about an hour ago on the blog gas prices have fallen a lot, down to $2.75. Well, I just saw $2.59 while running out to walk my dog. So where do you think the bottom is? … Continue reading