About this blog
If you're looking for the latest news, commentary and money-saving tips from the business scene in York County, you've come to the right place. York Common Cents is the sounding board for the biz staff and those interested in money at the York Daily Record/ Sunday News.
- York County health inspections for May 12 « Rotten Mold Issues on I report on health inspections. I have no idea where you should have dinner
- York Common Cents | What is a realistic price for a house in York County? on Here’s one way to save on property taxes
- Smart Magazine | Win a year of free groceries from Giant Food Stores on I have a chance to win a year of free groceries. And so do you!
- York Common Cents | Do ghosts inhabit York County landmarks? on The house can be yours, as long as you’re willing to move it
- York Town Square | Looking for a 1700s Spring Grove farmhouse? You’ll just have to move it. Linked in to history, 5/3/13 on Sweet nostalgia: Tracking down a York County soda fountain
Popular Biz Tags#fitatwork Ashley Wislock business driving economy Emileigh Clare Facebook fit at work fitness food gas gasoline gas prices health holiday holidays ipad jobs journalism Lauren Boyer money office life PA Pennsylvania reporting restaurants retail Saving saving money savings sean adkins shopping social media spending store stores tech technology TheStreet YDR York York County york daily record York PA your money
Category Archives: Health
Do you raise chickens? Why? What got you started?
Nobody wants the flu, but some people don’t want the vaccine. Is it fair for employers to mandate it?
From what I can see, both the local and national housing markets are either in or inching toward positive territory. Last month, the nation’s home builders sold houses at an annual rate of 389,000 in September – up 5.7 percent … Continue reading
Run during your lunch break? Reporter Stephanie Reighart does and shares her other office fitness tips
Reporter Stephanie Reighart is a very fit co-worker of mine. She runs during her lunch break and sits on a stability ball at the office, too. See her office fitness tips in the video below. She also addresses the tricky … Continue reading
A new study predicts the financial health of hospitals under the Affordable Care Act.
Eat adventurously and save money with a community supported agriculture share