About this blog
If you're looking for the latest news, commentary and money-saving tips from the business scene in York County, you've come to the right place. York Common Cents is the sounding board for the biz staff and those interested in money at the York Daily Record/ Sunday News.
- William Meneses on I report on health inspections. I have no idea where you should have dinner
- Christmas Eve shopping: It’s not procrastinating; it’s tradition | ShoppingWiz.net on How much of your holiday shopping is done online?
- Christmas Eve shopping: It’s not procrastinating; it’s tradition | Shopping Program on How much of your holiday shopping is done online?
- Tracy on Where do you get your stocking stuffers?
- bodyweight exercises for extraordinary strength pdf on Digital Divide: Among seniors, there are those who embrace technology and those who detest it
Popular Biz Tags#fitatwork Ashley Wislock business driving economy Emileigh Clare Facebook fit at work fitness food gas gasoline gas prices health holiday holidays ipad jobs journalism Lauren Boyer manufacturing money office life PA Pennsylvania reporting restaurants retail Saving saving money savings shopping social media spending store stores tech technology TheStreet YDR York York County york daily record York PA your money
Category Archives: On the job
A few weeks ago, I visited Licatese & Son’s Barber Shop in Springettsbury Township. The shop celebrates its 10th anniversary this year. It is owned by Steve Licatese, 54, and his story is an American dream of sorts.
Most of us feel deeply challenged by how to get more done, more efficiently, in a world of relentlessly rising demand. The default answer is to put in more time. But just as that may be counterproductive in workouts, so it is at work.
A total of 90 participants logged nearly 2,740 miles while commuting to work by bicycle.
There’s putting cellophone under the toilet seat. There’s putting weird, miscellaneous goop on door handles. And, of course, there’s planting (insert disgusting insect here) into your co-worker’s desk drawer. All of the above are likely to ensure your prompt termination … Continue reading
Some people will spend their federal or state tax refund on a new iPad. Others will dump the extra cash into a vacation. Both bad ideas. First, a refund simply means that you gave the government a interest-free loan for … Continue reading
Tomorrow is causal Friday at YDR. You know what that means: jeans. From what I understand, this is the first casual Friday in a long time for our company. I guess you’re thinking, “It’s jeans. What’s the big deal, right?” … Continue reading
At the salon, lots of elements are at play when it comes to adding up the bill.