About this blog
If you're looking for the latest news, commentary and money-saving tips from the business scene in York County, you've come to the right place. York Common Cents is the sounding board for the biz staff and those interested in money at the York Daily Record/ Sunday News.
- York County health inspections for May 12 « Rotten Mold Issues on I report on health inspections. I have no idea where you should have dinner
- York Common Cents | What is a realistic price for a house in York County? on Here’s one way to save on property taxes
- Smart Magazine | Win a year of free groceries from Giant Food Stores on I have a chance to win a year of free groceries. And so do you!
- York Common Cents | Do ghosts inhabit York County landmarks? on The house can be yours, as long as you’re willing to move it
- York Town Square | Looking for a 1700s Spring Grove farmhouse? You’ll just have to move it. Linked in to history, 5/3/13 on Sweet nostalgia: Tracking down a York County soda fountain
Popular Biz Tags#fitatwork Ashley Wislock business driving economy Emileigh Clare Facebook fit at work fitness food gas gasoline gas prices health holiday holidays ipad jobs journalism Lauren Boyer money office life PA Pennsylvania reporting restaurants retail Saving saving money savings sean adkins shopping social media spending store stores tech technology TheStreet YDR York York County york daily record York PA your money
Category Archives: Restaurants
So, the Yorktowne can’t sell alcohol. Some of my friends have asked the question: “So what?” People in their 20s, I think, tend to gloss over the OffCenter Grill when contemplating where to go out on the weekends. It’s not … Continue reading
We all love to play with our food. Grandma told us not to, but even as adults we can’t help it. Playing used to involve building mountains and motes with our mashed potatoes and gravy, but now it means taking … Continue reading
. In the past, one of the few ways to gain entry into the former Lafayette Club in York was either as a guest attending a catered function or by becoming a member of the exclusive social and networking club … Continue reading
My birthday is April 10. I can’t wait. It’s a week away, and you know what that means. Today is the day all my birthday freebies arrived in my email. A while back, I signed up for everything. Some of … Continue reading
The Passport to Flavors Series launched on Saturday at YorKitchen in Central Market with a three-course meal by Sharmini Goins of York. Goins owns Sharmini’s Kitchen, a Malaysian and Southeast Asian catering company.
It’s Restaurant Week in York city. Don’t get me wrong. I love to eat out. I’ll probably splurge at least once in the next five days … … But I’ll be honest: I’m not really the type to eagerly part … Continue reading
Red Robin is out. What should go up instead?