About this blog
If you're looking for the latest news, commentary and money-saving tips from the business scene in York County, you've come to the right place. York Common Cents is the sounding board for the biz staff and those interested in money at the York Daily Record/ Sunday News.
- York County health inspections for May 12 « Rotten Mold Issues on I report on health inspections. I have no idea where you should have dinner
- York Common Cents | What is a realistic price for a house in York County? on Here’s one way to save on property taxes
- Smart Magazine | Win a year of free groceries from Giant Food Stores on I have a chance to win a year of free groceries. And so do you!
- York Common Cents | Do ghosts inhabit York County landmarks? on The house can be yours, as long as you’re willing to move it
- York Town Square | Looking for a 1700s Spring Grove farmhouse? You’ll just have to move it. Linked in to history, 5/3/13 on Sweet nostalgia: Tracking down a York County soda fountain
Popular Biz Tags#fitatwork Ashley Wislock business driving economy Emileigh Clare Facebook fit at work fitness food gas gasoline gas prices health holiday holidays ipad jobs journalism Lauren Boyer money office life PA Pennsylvania reporting restaurants retail Saving saving money savings sean adkins shopping social media spending store stores tech technology TheStreet YDR York York County york daily record York PA your money
Category Archives: Rutter’s
Scott Hartman is clear when he speaks about the vacant stone farm house that neighbors the Rutter’s Farm Store on Main Street in Spring Grove. “If someone wants to come and move it, we would gladly give it to them, … Continue reading
Met some cool cats hanging out at Rutter’s in Jacobus Thursday during the convenience store chain’s job fair for the new location in Loganville. I tried to yap with the prospective employees and put their minds at ease as they … Continue reading
This morning on the Today Show, gas prices were a hot topic of discussion – with a variety of reasons, including refinery closures on the East Coast, contributing to soaring gas prices. Here’s their segment: Visit msnbc.com for breaking news, … Continue reading
This morning, Scott Hartman, president of Rutter’s Farm Stores, stopped by the newsroom to talk about gas prices, oil refineries and everything in between. Business editor Cathy Hirko and I sat in on the discussion and learned a lot about … Continue reading