About this blog
If you're looking for the latest news, commentary and money-saving tips from the business scene in York County, you've come to the right place. York Common Cents is the sounding board for the biz staff and those interested in money at the York Daily Record/ Sunday News.
- York County health inspections for May 12 « Rotten Mold Issues on I report on health inspections. I have no idea where you should have dinner
- York Common Cents | What is a realistic price for a house in York County? on Here’s one way to save on property taxes
- Smart Magazine | Win a year of free groceries from Giant Food Stores on I have a chance to win a year of free groceries. And so do you!
- York Common Cents | Do ghosts inhabit York County landmarks? on The house can be yours, as long as you’re willing to move it
- York Town Square | Looking for a 1700s Spring Grove farmhouse? You’ll just have to move it. Linked in to history, 5/3/13 on Sweet nostalgia: Tracking down a York County soda fountain
Popular Biz Tags#fitatwork Ashley Wislock business driving economy Emileigh Clare Facebook fit at work fitness food gas gasoline gas prices health holiday holidays ipad jobs journalism Lauren Boyer money office life PA Pennsylvania reporting restaurants retail Saving saving money savings sean adkins shopping social media spending store stores tech technology TheStreet YDR York York County york daily record York PA your money
Category Archives: Stocks
For those who have not yet filed their state, local or federal taxes, relax. You have time. And options. The worst thing you could do this weekend is rush to complete the forms just to make the deadline. You risk … Continue reading
Some people will spend their federal or state tax refund on a new iPad. Others will dump the extra cash into a vacation. Both bad ideas. First, a refund simply means that you gave the government a interest-free loan for … Continue reading
One writer on TheStreet laid it out in no uncertain terms: Despite a U.S. News & World Report article proclaiming “Why You Should Work Until Age 70,” – “there’s no way in H-E-double hockey sticks I am working until 70 … Continue reading
There’s been a lot of talk about Facebook and the company’s lackluster performance after its IPO and casual investors may find a sour taste in their mouths after losing some money. But there are some stocks from recognizable companies that … Continue reading
Last week, Lauren posted about her conversation with a local stock broker who reported that there’s plenty of interest in York about buying some Facebook stock. For many people, it may be the idea of owning a little part of … Continue reading
Just checked in with Russ Allen at Edward Jones in York Township. He said he’s been getting loads of serious inquiries from dozens of local clients about Facebook’s initial public stock offering. According to the Wall Street Journal, the IPO … Continue reading