About this blog
If you're looking for the latest news, commentary and money-saving tips from the business scene in York County, you've come to the right place. York Common Cents is the sounding board for the biz staff and those interested in money at the York Daily Record/ Sunday News.
- Old dog learns new tricks @NICAR14
- Do you have a Capital One credit card? You should expect a visit soon
- Made In York: Things you didn’t know were made here
- West York EMS chairman writes of regionalization following WellSpan decision
- Are more people landing jobs or are they simply dropping out of York County’s labor force?
- William Meneses on I report on health inspections. I have no idea where you should have dinner
- Christmas Eve shopping: It’s not procrastinating; it’s tradition | ShoppingWiz.net on How much of your holiday shopping is done online?
- Christmas Eve shopping: It’s not procrastinating; it’s tradition | Shopping Program on How much of your holiday shopping is done online?
- Tracy on Where do you get your stocking stuffers?
- bodyweight exercises for extraordinary strength pdf on Digital Divide: Among seniors, there are those who embrace technology and those who detest it
Popular Biz Tags#fitatwork Ashley Wislock business driving economy Emileigh Clare Facebook fit at work fitness food gas gasoline gas prices health holiday holidays ipad jobs journalism Lauren Boyer manufacturing money office life PA Pennsylvania reporting restaurants retail Saving saving money savings shopping social media spending store stores tech technology TheStreet YDR York York County york daily record York PA your money
Category Archives: Vehicles
Last night, I went to a screening of “Gasland 2” for work. While the film argued against the natural gas drilling industry and its potential harms to the environment and human health, it was a minor point that resonated with … Continue reading
The state of Pennsylvania will be installing four electric-vehicle charging stations this summer.
Where would you drive? Or more specifically, where wouldn’t you drive?
Wait. That doesn’t make sense. Drivers have trunks that hold more stuff. They can zip around town quicker and hit more stores. How can cyclists spend more money? Researchers at Portland State University and the Oregon Transportation Research and Education … Continue reading
Wasted money or wasted time? Which is worse?
AllState ranked the nation’s best and worst drivers. How do you think York County drivers compare?
This weekend, I took a trip down memory lane. My parents – the whole family, really – are searching for a first car for my 16-year-old sister. And since this is not “My Super Sweet 16,” it’s going to be … Continue reading