About this blog
If you're looking for the latest news, commentary and money-saving tips from the business scene in York County, you've come to the right place. York Common Cents is the sounding board for the biz staff and those interested in money at the York Daily Record/ Sunday News.
- No AMC on Dish Network? on AMC, Dish Network dispute enters second month
- homeandgarden kitchen on Costly titles: Thanksgiving Day needs a new name
- Johne114 on You know gas prices were high when…..
- Silver Jewelry on West York EMS chairman writes of regionalization following WellSpan decision
- AmFan on In York County, the response to ‘Amish Mafia’ TV show: ‘Doesn’t sound like the Amish to me’
Popular Biz Tags#fitatwork Ashley Wislock business economy Emileigh Clare Facebook fit at work fitness food gas gasoline gas prices health holiday holidays ipad jobs journalism Lauren Boyer manufacturing money office life PA Pennsylvania reporting restaurants retail Saving saving money savings shopping social media spending store stores tech technology TheStreet YDR York york city York County york daily record York PA your money
Category Archives: Your money
I really wish I had a Capital One credit card. I could use the help. No, I’m not talking about financial assistance. I’m refering to real, hands-on help at home and at work. Recently, Capital One sent a contract update … Continue reading
I’m of the opinion that Thanksgiving needs a new name. Sure, it’s still a time when friends and relatives gather in one spot to enjoy a home-cooked meal and set aside mutual dysfunctions, if just for a few hours. But, … Continue reading
I started saving for retirement a few years ago when I started at the York Daily Record. At the time, it seemed pretty pointless. “Wouldn’t that money be better spent on things I need NOW, like utilities, rent, groceries, sushi, … Continue reading