About this blog
If you're looking for the latest news, commentary and money-saving tips from the business scene in York County, you've come to the right place. York Common Cents is the sounding board for the biz staff and those interested in money at the York Daily Record/ Sunday News.
- Old dog learns new tricks @NICAR14
- Do you have a Capital One credit card? You should expect a visit soon
- Made In York: Things you didn’t know were made here
- West York EMS chairman writes of regionalization following WellSpan decision
- Are more people landing jobs or are they simply dropping out of York County’s labor force?
- William Meneses on I report on health inspections. I have no idea where you should have dinner
- Christmas Eve shopping: It’s not procrastinating; it’s tradition | ShoppingWiz.net on How much of your holiday shopping is done online?
- Christmas Eve shopping: It’s not procrastinating; it’s tradition | Shopping Program on How much of your holiday shopping is done online?
- Tracy on Where do you get your stocking stuffers?
- bodyweight exercises for extraordinary strength pdf on Digital Divide: Among seniors, there are those who embrace technology and those who detest it
Popular Biz Tags#fitatwork Ashley Wislock business driving economy Emileigh Clare Facebook fit at work fitness food gas gasoline gas prices health holiday holidays ipad jobs journalism Lauren Boyer manufacturing money office life PA Pennsylvania reporting restaurants retail Saving saving money savings shopping social media spending store stores tech technology TheStreet YDR York York County york daily record York PA your money
Tag Archives: Ashley Wislock
As biz reporter Sean Adkins will tell you – some collectibles are not only things to treasure, they are worth serious dough. You see, Sean’s convinced his mint-condition He-man figures are a veritable treasure trove of value – and according … Continue reading
If you’ve been waiting for the new iPhone announcement, you may only have about another month of anticipation ahead, according to a new report on TheStreet. Rumors have been swirling that the new iPhone will be unveiled at a Sept. … Continue reading
TheStreet talks about ways to keep business going during the summer months
Buying a new home is expensive. And I’m not just talking about the thousands you spend actually buying the house – I’m also talking about the “extras,” i.e. realizing that you don’t have a laundry hamper, plunger or any furniture … Continue reading
TheStreet examines a new trend which shows that older, experienced professionals are taking internships
A couple months ago, fellow business reporter Sean Adkins wrote about sushi chefs who were complaining about the glove-wearing requirement by the New York City Health Department. They told the New York Times that they could not perform their jobs … Continue reading
TheStreet talks about 10 things not to forget on moving day
TheStreet examines yard sale finds that can yield big profits
Ashley Wislock discusses a new survey that shows most people don’t take advantage of free library e-book lending