About this blog
If you're looking for the latest news, commentary and money-saving tips from the business scene in York County, you've come to the right place. York Common Cents is the sounding board for the biz staff and those interested in money at the York Daily Record/ Sunday News.
- Why do York County drivers park on the side of the road whenever it rains or snows?
- Have you worked as a Harley casual? Tell us about it.
- No, that’s not the government spying on you. It’s an Amazon drone.
- On Facebook, York city merchant to customers: “You suck.”
- Frozen Giant turkey finally cooked one year later
- info on Want to use a stability ball for an office chair? Check out these ergonomics tips and exercise ideas
- Scott Bohlen on On Facebook, York city merchant to customers: “You suck.”
- T Anderson on On Facebook, York city merchant to customers: “You suck.”
- Marc on On Facebook, York city merchant to customers: “You suck.”
- Jim on On Facebook, York city merchant to customers: “You suck.”
Popular Biz Tags#fitatwork Ashley Wislock business driving economy Emileigh Clare Facebook fit at work fitness food gas gasoline gas prices health holiday holidays ipad jobs journalism Lauren Boyer money office life PA Pennsylvania reporting restaurants retail Saving saving money savings sean adkins shopping social media spending store stores tech technology TheStreet YDR York York County york daily record York PA your money
Tag Archives: business
I’m addicted to an app. (No, it’s not Candy Crush. Ain’t nobody got time for that.) It’s called Shopkick, and thanks to coworker Brandie Kessler, I’m hooked. How does Shopkick work? You get points for walking into stores you’d probably … Continue reading
There’s putting cellophone under the toilet seat. There’s putting weird, miscellaneous goop on door handles. And, of course, there’s planting (insert disgusting insect here) into your co-worker’s desk drawer. All of the above are likely to ensure your prompt termination … Continue reading
You’ve just given birth to a beautiful baby boy. You have high hopes for him. You want him to be successful. You want him to be smart. You want him to make a mark on the world. So you think … Continue reading
This Thanksgiving, the York Daily Record/Sunday News is asking people what they cherish. For our Money & More section, we’re looking for someone or something to profile. Have you gotten a new job after months of unemployment? Do you cherish … Continue reading
Last month, the web was abuzz with the news that Marissa Mayer was hired to lead a struggling Yahoo! into the future. Now, TheStreet is looking at what her spectacular rise to business superstardom can teach us about success and … Continue reading
Investors and market watchers are preparing for an avalanche of second quarter earnings reports in the next couple weeks. In York County, three big companies are expected to issue their earnings this week and more companies across the country are … Continue reading
TheStreet talks about ways to keep business going during the summer months
I was trying to figure out where I wanted to take my mobile office today. Thought I’d switch it up a little. I’ll be eating froyo and working on stuff from 1 p.m. to 5 p.m. at Sweet Frog, 2071 … Continue reading