About this blog
If you're looking for the latest news, commentary and money-saving tips from the business scene in York County, you've come to the right place. York Common Cents is the sounding board for the biz staff and those interested in money at the York Daily Record/ Sunday News.
- York County health inspections for May 12 « Rotten Mold Issues on I report on health inspections. I have no idea where you should have dinner
- York Common Cents | What is a realistic price for a house in York County? on Here’s one way to save on property taxes
- Smart Magazine | Win a year of free groceries from Giant Food Stores on I have a chance to win a year of free groceries. And so do you!
- York Common Cents | Do ghosts inhabit York County landmarks? on The house can be yours, as long as you’re willing to move it
- York Town Square | Looking for a 1700s Spring Grove farmhouse? You’ll just have to move it. Linked in to history, 5/3/13 on Sweet nostalgia: Tracking down a York County soda fountain
Popular Biz Tags#fitatwork Ashley Wislock business driving economy Emileigh Clare Facebook fit at work fitness food gas gasoline gas prices health holiday holidays ipad jobs journalism Lauren Boyer money office life PA Pennsylvania reporting restaurants retail Saving saving money savings sean adkins shopping social media spending store stores tech technology TheStreet YDR York York County york daily record York PA your money
Tag Archives: cars
I nearly swerved in my car coming back to York this weekend when I saw a gas station practically giving away gasoline. OK, OK, they were charging $3.69 per gallon for regular, but compared to a few weeks ago, when … Continue reading
Monday, gas in York average $3.798, according to gas price tracking website, Gasbuddy.com. That’s pretty expensive, considering just one year ago, it averaged 3.356. But there is a tiny glimmer of sunshine for York County residents – we are still … Continue reading
Gas prices are continuing to climb this week. Here’s the data from the the Department of Energy’s Enegery Information Administration: Date … Continue reading
No doubt about it: 2011 was a rough year for gas prices. According to GasBuddy.com, which tracks prices and trends in the fuel industry, the average price of gas in 2011 was $3.513, which was 72.6-cents per gallon higher than … Continue reading
Think everything is going up in price these days? Well, think again. Some well-loved products are expected to drop in price headed into the new year, according to dealnews.com – whether it’s because people are spending less on non-essentials or … Continue reading
It’s happened to me, I’ll admit it. I saw a silver Honda, inserted my key in the door – thought that it felt a little funny – and opened the door, only to see, well, that I was not at … Continue reading
Wednesday morning started out innocently enough. I was excited to get to Green Bean Roasting Company for my coffee fix and get a start on Day 2 of reporting outside the cubicle. I dropped my car off at the repair … Continue reading