About this blog
If you're looking for the latest news, commentary and money-saving tips from the business scene in York County, you've come to the right place. York Common Cents is the sounding board for the biz staff and those interested in money at the York Daily Record/ Sunday News.
- Why do York County drivers park on the side of the road whenever it rains or snows?
- Have you worked as a Harley casual? Tell us about it.
- No, that’s not the government spying on you. It’s an Amazon drone.
- On Facebook, York city merchant to customers: “You suck.”
- Frozen Giant turkey finally cooked one year later
- info on Want to use a stability ball for an office chair? Check out these ergonomics tips and exercise ideas
- Scott Bohlen on On Facebook, York city merchant to customers: “You suck.”
- T Anderson on On Facebook, York city merchant to customers: “You suck.”
- Marc on On Facebook, York city merchant to customers: “You suck.”
- Jim on On Facebook, York city merchant to customers: “You suck.”
Popular Biz Tags#fitatwork Ashley Wislock business driving economy Emileigh Clare Facebook fit at work fitness food gas gasoline gas prices health holiday holidays ipad jobs journalism Lauren Boyer money office life PA Pennsylvania reporting restaurants retail Saving saving money savings sean adkins shopping social media spending store stores tech technology TheStreet YDR York York County york daily record York PA your money
Tag Archives: driving
Wait. That doesn’t make sense. Drivers have trunks that hold more stuff. They can zip around town quicker and hit more stores. How can cyclists spend more money? Researchers at Portland State University and the Oregon Transportation Research and Education … Continue reading
AllState ranked the nation’s best and worst drivers. How do you think York County drivers compare?
I nearly choked when I saw how much gas prices rose this weekend. $3.95 a gallon for regular? Do they think I’m made of money?! But even though gas prices have risen 11 cents in the past two weeks and … Continue reading
As gas prices continue to rise, I’m glad that I drive a little Honda Civic. It’s old — a 1995 model — but it has a small four-cylinder engine that allows me to get about 35 miles per gallon of … Continue reading
Gas prices are continuing to climb this week. Here’s the data from the the Department of Energy’s Enegery Information Administration: Date … Continue reading
Gas prices are indeed soaring as expected, according to the Department of Energy’s Enegery Information Administration. Here’s some data they’ve compiled: Date 1/16/2012 | 1/23/2012 | 1/30/2012 U.S. … Continue reading
No doubt about it: 2011 was a rough year for gas prices. According to GasBuddy.com, which tracks prices and trends in the fuel industry, the average price of gas in 2011 was $3.513, which was 72.6-cents per gallon higher than … Continue reading
Wednesday morning started out innocently enough. I was excited to get to Green Bean Roasting Company for my coffee fix and get a start on Day 2 of reporting outside the cubicle. I dropped my car off at the repair … Continue reading
I see a lot of turmoil out there nowadays, from car dealers shutting their doors to retailers sinking into bankruptcy. So I don’t know how much I buy at first of this “York County is not on an American coast, … Continue reading