About this blog
If you're looking for the latest news, commentary and money-saving tips from the business scene in York County, you've come to the right place. York Common Cents is the sounding board for the biz staff and those interested in money at the York Daily Record/ Sunday News.
- York County health inspections for May 12 « Rotten Mold Issues on I report on health inspections. I have no idea where you should have dinner
- York Common Cents | What is a realistic price for a house in York County? on Here’s one way to save on property taxes
- Smart Magazine | Win a year of free groceries from Giant Food Stores on I have a chance to win a year of free groceries. And so do you!
- York Common Cents | Do ghosts inhabit York County landmarks? on The house can be yours, as long as you’re willing to move it
- York Town Square | Looking for a 1700s Spring Grove farmhouse? You’ll just have to move it. Linked in to history, 5/3/13 on Sweet nostalgia: Tracking down a York County soda fountain
Popular Biz Tags#fitatwork Ashley Wislock business driving economy Emileigh Clare Facebook fit at work fitness food gas gasoline gas prices health holiday holidays ipad jobs journalism Lauren Boyer money office life PA Pennsylvania reporting restaurants retail Saving saving money savings sean adkins shopping social media spending store stores tech technology TheStreet YDR York York County york daily record York PA your money
Tag Archives: fit at work
Run during your lunch break? Reporter Stephanie Reighart does and shares her other office fitness tips
Reporter Stephanie Reighart is a very fit co-worker of mine. She runs during her lunch break and sits on a stability ball at the office, too. See her office fitness tips in the video below. She also addresses the tricky … Continue reading
Standing desk? Skip the stilettos for cute flats or modest heels for walking, standing in the office
If you’ve read any of my blog posts or follow me on Twitter, you probably know I’m into being fit at work. It’s a subject I got passionate about after losing a substantial amount of weight as a post-college grad … Continue reading
I love a good healthy lunch. If I’m at work, it gives me some much-needed energy and helps me avoid office junk food. On Monday, I talked to people at York Fair about what kinds of food they were looking … Continue reading
Americans’ extra weight is a heavy burden on businesses that pay some portion of their employees’ health care costs. But with limited office funds, what can employers do to keep workers healthy? Here are some cheap, quick ideas.
Do you work for a fit company in Pennsylvania? Get recognition, tools from American Heart Association
The American Heart Association is recognizing fit workplaces and offering tools to companies to improve wellness.
When a person works an unusual schedule, getting in daily exercise can be difficult. Night News and Digital editors put in their two cents about how they get Fit At Work.