About this blog
If you're looking for the latest news, commentary and money-saving tips from the business scene in York County, you've come to the right place. York Common Cents is the sounding board for the biz staff and those interested in money at the York Daily Record/ Sunday News.
- Old dog learns new tricks @NICAR14
- Do you have a Capital One credit card? You should expect a visit soon
- Made In York: Things you didn’t know were made here
- West York EMS chairman writes of regionalization following WellSpan decision
- Are more people landing jobs or are they simply dropping out of York County’s labor force?
- William Meneses on I report on health inspections. I have no idea where you should have dinner
- Christmas Eve shopping: It’s not procrastinating; it’s tradition | ShoppingWiz.net on How much of your holiday shopping is done online?
- Christmas Eve shopping: It’s not procrastinating; it’s tradition | Shopping Program on How much of your holiday shopping is done online?
- Tracy on Where do you get your stocking stuffers?
- bodyweight exercises for extraordinary strength pdf on Digital Divide: Among seniors, there are those who embrace technology and those who detest it
Popular Biz Tags#fitatwork Ashley Wislock business driving economy Emileigh Clare Facebook fit at work fitness food gas gasoline gas prices health holiday holidays ipad jobs journalism Lauren Boyer manufacturing money office life PA Pennsylvania reporting restaurants retail Saving saving money savings shopping social media spending store stores tech technology TheStreet YDR York York County york daily record York PA your money
Tag Archives: food prices
It might be time to bring home — or stockpile — the bacon, according to a report from the Los Angeles Times. A global pork-product shortage is expected in 2013 because drought conditions took a major toll on corn and … Continue reading
Last week, I posted about things that will drop in price in 2012. Now, it’s time to discuss the ugly flipside: things that are expected to go up in price in 2012. CNN.com has compiled a list:
First, bacon lovers were hit with skyrocketing prices for their favorite breakfast accompaniment, now lunchtime is taking a hit with a report from the Kansas City Star that a peanut shortage will cause peanut butter prices to skyrocket. The article … Continue reading
Pumpkin pie. Pumpkin rolls, pumpkin cookies, pumpkin muffins, pumpkin ice cream, pumpkin lattes. Where has all the orange goodness of fall gone? As a self-proclaimed foodie, I’m in constant search of the next great recipe — especially pumpkin. But to … Continue reading
Earlier this year, I wrote about the soaring price of pork products, especially bacon, which reached record high prices in July – more than $4.40 per pound. Customers and restaurateurs alike complained that it was costing more than ever to … Continue reading
Has anyone else been paying close attention to the price of milk lately? I’m not sure why, but it’s the one price I always notice changes in when I go grocery shopping. I buy the same quart of milk every … Continue reading
I don’t mean that I’m literally getting fatter over here, but I thought some of the information in this TreeHugger series is really interesting. First the blog includes this map showing the obesity percentages in each state.