About this blog
If you're looking for the latest news, commentary and money-saving tips from the business scene in York County, you've come to the right place. York Common Cents is the sounding board for the biz staff and those interested in money at the York Daily Record/ Sunday News.
- Old dog learns new tricks @NICAR14
- Do you have a Capital One credit card? You should expect a visit soon
- Made In York: Things you didn’t know were made here
- West York EMS chairman writes of regionalization following WellSpan decision
- Are more people landing jobs or are they simply dropping out of York County’s labor force?
- William Meneses on I report on health inspections. I have no idea where you should have dinner
- Christmas Eve shopping: It’s not procrastinating; it’s tradition | ShoppingWiz.net on How much of your holiday shopping is done online?
- Christmas Eve shopping: It’s not procrastinating; it’s tradition | Shopping Program on How much of your holiday shopping is done online?
- Tracy on Where do you get your stocking stuffers?
- bodyweight exercises for extraordinary strength pdf on Digital Divide: Among seniors, there are those who embrace technology and those who detest it
Popular Biz Tags#fitatwork Ashley Wislock business driving economy Emileigh Clare Facebook fit at work fitness food gas gasoline gas prices health holiday holidays ipad jobs journalism Lauren Boyer manufacturing money office life PA Pennsylvania reporting restaurants retail Saving saving money savings shopping social media spending store stores tech technology TheStreet YDR York York County york daily record York PA your money
Tag Archives: food
Last year, I got a free 20-pound turkey from Giant. I just like free things. But, to be honest, I didn’t know what to do with it. (Aside from posing it in weird positions.) I’m usually a pretty good cook, … Continue reading
It’s Restaurant Week in York city. Don’t get me wrong. I love to eat out. I’ll probably splurge at least once in the next five days … … But I’ll be honest: I’m not really the type to eagerly part … Continue reading
Guys, I have bad news. I’m 16 points away from my free turkey at Giant, and I don’t know what to do. I’m a mere 4-squared away from the 400 points I need on my BonusCard to get that priceless … Continue reading
So, I made a cake the other day. You can read about it on my blog. And, as I write, there’s a batch of turkey white bean pumpkin chili simmering at my house in the crock pot. I’m totally undomestic. … Continue reading
There are a lot of little things you can do to be fit while at work, especially a night shift. Night news and digital editors at the York Daily Record give their tips to being healthy.
Yummy food: We need it to survive but there are so many choices, especially bad ones. When you work a different shift every day, schedules and choices can get skewed. See how YDR’s night desk handles the challenges.
A couple months ago, fellow business reporter Sean Adkins wrote about sushi chefs who were complaining about the glove-wearing requirement by the New York City Health Department. They told the New York Times that they could not perform their jobs … Continue reading
This Friday is cow appreciation day. Chick-Fil-A lovers are supposed to dress up as cows for a free entree at the fast food establishment. I love a ridiculous PR stunt as much as the next person, but I probably won’t … Continue reading