About this blog
If you're looking for the latest news, commentary and money-saving tips from the business scene in York County, you've come to the right place. York Common Cents is the sounding board for the biz staff and those interested in money at the York Daily Record/ Sunday News.
- Why do York County drivers park on the side of the road whenever it rains or snows?
- Have you worked as a Harley casual? Tell us about it.
- No, that’s not the government spying on you. It’s an Amazon drone.
- On Facebook, York city merchant to customers: “You suck.”
- Frozen Giant turkey finally cooked one year later
- info on Want to use a stability ball for an office chair? Check out these ergonomics tips and exercise ideas
- Scott Bohlen on On Facebook, York city merchant to customers: “You suck.”
- T Anderson on On Facebook, York city merchant to customers: “You suck.”
- Marc on On Facebook, York city merchant to customers: “You suck.”
- Jim on On Facebook, York city merchant to customers: “You suck.”
Popular Biz Tags#fitatwork Ashley Wislock business driving economy Emileigh Clare Facebook fit at work fitness food gas gasoline gas prices health holiday holidays ipad jobs journalism Lauren Boyer money office life PA Pennsylvania reporting restaurants retail Saving saving money savings sean adkins shopping social media spending store stores tech technology TheStreet YDR York York County york daily record York PA your money
Tag Archives: food
Last year, I got a free 20-pound turkey from Giant. I just like free things. But, to be honest, I didn’t know what to do with it. (Aside from posing it in weird positions.) I’m usually a pretty good cook, … Continue reading
It’s Restaurant Week in York city. Don’t get me wrong. I love to eat out. I’ll probably splurge at least once in the next five days … … But I’ll be honest: I’m not really the type to eagerly part … Continue reading
Guys, I have bad news. I’m 16 points away from my free turkey at Giant, and I don’t know what to do. I’m a mere 4-squared away from the 400 points I need on my BonusCard to get that priceless … Continue reading
So, I made a cake the other day. You can read about it on my blog. And, as I write, there’s a batch of turkey white bean pumpkin chili simmering at my house in the crock pot. I’m totally undomestic. … Continue reading
There are a lot of little things you can do to be fit while at work, especially a night shift. Night news and digital editors at the York Daily Record give their tips to being healthy.
Yummy food: We need it to survive but there are so many choices, especially bad ones. When you work a different shift every day, schedules and choices can get skewed. See how YDR’s night desk handles the challenges.
A couple months ago, fellow business reporter Sean Adkins wrote about sushi chefs who were complaining about the glove-wearing requirement by the New York City Health Department. They told the New York Times that they could not perform their jobs … Continue reading
This Friday is cow appreciation day. Chick-Fil-A lovers are supposed to dress up as cows for a free entree at the fast food establishment. I love a ridiculous PR stunt as much as the next person, but I probably won’t … Continue reading