About this blog
If you're looking for the latest news, commentary and money-saving tips from the business scene in York County, you've come to the right place. York Common Cents is the sounding board for the biz staff and those interested in money at the York Daily Record/ Sunday News.
- York County health inspections for May 12 « Rotten Mold Issues on I report on health inspections. I have no idea where you should have dinner
- York Common Cents | What is a realistic price for a house in York County? on Here’s one way to save on property taxes
- Smart Magazine | Win a year of free groceries from Giant Food Stores on I have a chance to win a year of free groceries. And so do you!
- York Common Cents | Do ghosts inhabit York County landmarks? on The house can be yours, as long as you’re willing to move it
- York Town Square | Looking for a 1700s Spring Grove farmhouse? You’ll just have to move it. Linked in to history, 5/3/13 on Sweet nostalgia: Tracking down a York County soda fountain
Popular Biz Tags#fitatwork Ashley Wislock business driving economy Emileigh Clare Facebook fit at work fitness food gas gasoline gas prices health holiday holidays ipad jobs journalism Lauren Boyer money office life PA Pennsylvania reporting restaurants retail Saving saving money savings sean adkins shopping social media spending store stores tech technology TheStreet YDR York York County york daily record York PA your money
Tag Archives: healthy
There are a lot of little things you can do to be fit while at work, especially a night shift. Night news and digital editors at the York Daily Record give their tips to being healthy.
Do you work for a fit company in Pennsylvania? Get recognition, tools from American Heart Association
The American Heart Association is recognizing fit workplaces and offering tools to companies to improve wellness.
BAE Systems, one of the largest defense contractors in the U.S., has a gym for employees in its York office. The company also works with Weight Watchers. Check out some fitness tips from a BAE Systems employee.
You can get flawless skin on your office lunch break with this easy sweet potato meal. Take it from Miss USA, she has a recipe. The beauty queen from Rhode Island recently told Shape Magazine that she loves sweet potatoes. … Continue reading
National Walk @ Lunch Day is here! The day was created by Blue Cross and Blue Shield to help improve personal health and decrease the costs of healthcare for employers and employees. According to the U.S. Department of Health and … Continue reading
I’m not a big sushi fan. In fact, I’d go as far to say that I don’t like sushi. At all. However, I do have friends who swear by sliced raw fish. And, from what I can tell, a minor … Continue reading