About this blog
If you're looking for the latest news, commentary and money-saving tips from the business scene in York County, you've come to the right place. York Common Cents is the sounding board for the biz staff and those interested in money at the York Daily Record/ Sunday News.
- Old dog learns new tricks @NICAR14
- Do you have a Capital One credit card? You should expect a visit soon
- Made In York: Things you didn’t know were made here
- West York EMS chairman writes of regionalization following WellSpan decision
- Are more people landing jobs or are they simply dropping out of York County’s labor force?
- William Meneses on I report on health inspections. I have no idea where you should have dinner
- Christmas Eve shopping: It’s not procrastinating; it’s tradition | ShoppingWiz.net on How much of your holiday shopping is done online?
- Christmas Eve shopping: It’s not procrastinating; it’s tradition | Shopping Program on How much of your holiday shopping is done online?
- Tracy on Where do you get your stocking stuffers?
- bodyweight exercises for extraordinary strength pdf on Digital Divide: Among seniors, there are those who embrace technology and those who detest it
Popular Biz Tags#fitatwork Ashley Wislock business driving economy Emileigh Clare Facebook fit at work fitness food gas gasoline gas prices health holiday holidays ipad jobs journalism Lauren Boyer manufacturing money office life PA Pennsylvania reporting restaurants retail Saving saving money savings shopping social media spending store stores tech technology TheStreet YDR York York County york daily record York PA your money
Tag Archives: holidays
Today is Easter, a day filled with bunnies, fresh flowers and, of course, Peeps. Oh, those marshmallow goodies that pop up conveniently each spring and negate any diet progress you’ve made toward your New Year’s resolution. I love them. And … Continue reading
It’s Valentines Day, which means chocolates, flowers and some serious spending. The National Retail Foundation has compiled some data about the holiday of love: $126.03: The average amount of money a person celebrating the holiday will spend this year. $17.6 … Continue reading
It’s here: the month when all the newly engaged brides from the holiday season head out and begin planning their big days. Apparently, according to the Washington Post, January is huge for wedding-based businesses: “January has become the month-long equivalent … Continue reading
Two days after Christmas and lackluster holiday sales are being blamed for the decision by Sears Holding Group, the corporate owners of Sears and Kmart stores, to close 100-120 stores in the coming year. Chief Executive Officer Lou D’Ambrosio said … Continue reading
Sometimes, it happens. You either forget to go shopping in time for that holiday party or you realize you’ve never even used something you received last year and you don’t want to see it go to waste. Whatever the case, … Continue reading
Many parents seem to feel a little extra pressure during the holiday season, not just because they’re busy fighting off the crowds during Black Friday for that special toy but because they’re trying to find that oh-so-elusive teacher’s gift. The … Continue reading
The physical scars may have healed – my feet are no longer throbbing – but the feeling of utter disappointment and sadness still linger days after I participated in what can only be described as the chaos that was Black … Continue reading