About this blog
If you're looking for the latest news, commentary and money-saving tips from the business scene in York County, you've come to the right place. York Common Cents is the sounding board for the biz staff and those interested in money at the York Daily Record/ Sunday News.
- Old dog learns new tricks @NICAR14
- Do you have a Capital One credit card? You should expect a visit soon
- Made In York: Things you didn’t know were made here
- West York EMS chairman writes of regionalization following WellSpan decision
- Are more people landing jobs or are they simply dropping out of York County’s labor force?
- William Meneses on I report on health inspections. I have no idea where you should have dinner
- Christmas Eve shopping: It’s not procrastinating; it’s tradition | ShoppingWiz.net on How much of your holiday shopping is done online?
- Christmas Eve shopping: It’s not procrastinating; it’s tradition | Shopping Program on How much of your holiday shopping is done online?
- Tracy on Where do you get your stocking stuffers?
- bodyweight exercises for extraordinary strength pdf on Digital Divide: Among seniors, there are those who embrace technology and those who detest it
Popular Biz Tags#fitatwork Ashley Wislock business driving economy Emileigh Clare Facebook fit at work fitness food gas gasoline gas prices health holiday holidays ipad jobs journalism Lauren Boyer manufacturing money office life PA Pennsylvania reporting restaurants retail Saving saving money savings shopping social media spending store stores tech technology TheStreet YDR York York County york daily record York PA your money
Tag Archives: home
Buying a new home is expensive. And I’m not just talking about the thousands you spend actually buying the house – I’m also talking about the “extras,” i.e. realizing that you don’t have a laundry hamper, plunger or any furniture … Continue reading
TheStreet talks to a tech analyst who thinks Apple’s next venture could be an in-home robot
Tis the season for staycations and cookouts – or at the very least gathering with your friends in the backyard and just relaxing with a cool drink. But sometimes getting your outdoor space ready for some fun can seem overwhelming. … Continue reading
Last week, I had the opportunity to sit down with Comcast spokesman Bob Grove and talk about Comcast’s new “Xfinity Home” program, which manages a home’s security and can monitor your energy usage. As a follow-up, I recently spoke with … Continue reading
Nearly two weeks ago, I wrote about my experiences at the York Builders Association Home Show and how I noticed visitors walking around with what appeared to be complimentary furnace filters. At the time, I wondered which vendor had opted … Continue reading
Ok, the crowds weren’t huge, but I feel that those who did attend learned a lot. Last week, Cathy Hirko, Buffy Andrews and I spoke at the York Builders Association Home Show. Our two presentations focused on how to get information into the … Continue reading
Soon, residents may open their natural gas bills with a groan. As soon as this week, state legislators could approve a bill that would impose an impact fee on natural gas producers. Right now, Pennsylvania is the only state which … Continue reading