About this blog
If you're looking for the latest news, commentary and money-saving tips from the business scene in York County, you've come to the right place. York Common Cents is the sounding board for the biz staff and those interested in money at the York Daily Record/ Sunday News.
- Old dog learns new tricks @NICAR14
- Do you have a Capital One credit card? You should expect a visit soon
- Made In York: Things you didn’t know were made here
- West York EMS chairman writes of regionalization following WellSpan decision
- Are more people landing jobs or are they simply dropping out of York County’s labor force?
- William Meneses on I report on health inspections. I have no idea where you should have dinner
- Christmas Eve shopping: It’s not procrastinating; it’s tradition | ShoppingWiz.net on How much of your holiday shopping is done online?
- Christmas Eve shopping: It’s not procrastinating; it’s tradition | Shopping Program on How much of your holiday shopping is done online?
- Tracy on Where do you get your stocking stuffers?
- bodyweight exercises for extraordinary strength pdf on Digital Divide: Among seniors, there are those who embrace technology and those who detest it
Popular Biz Tags#fitatwork Ashley Wislock business driving economy Emileigh Clare Facebook fit at work fitness food gas gasoline gas prices health holiday holidays ipad jobs journalism Lauren Boyer manufacturing money office life PA Pennsylvania reporting restaurants retail Saving saving money savings shopping social media spending store stores tech technology TheStreet YDR York York County york daily record York PA your money
Tag Archives: ipad
A review of Apple’s iPad Mini by Michael Liedtke of the Associated Press predicts the product, which was unveiled Tuesday, will be a holiday hit. I am an Apple lover. I have an iPhone and an iPad. I’ve also been the … Continue reading
Apple said to be debuting a smaller, cheaper iPad – but do we really need it?
After an internal memo was leaked, Target has confirmed that it will stop selling Kindles soon, according to CNN. No end date was given and no specific reason was given – though CNN pointed out that Target recently began selling … Continue reading
Apple – the maker of such iconic products such as the iPod, iPhone and Macbooks – now has products in 50 percent of American homes, according to a new Mashable survey. That’s huge. Very few companies have such deep reach, … Continue reading
Well, it’s the day so many tech geeks have waited for: Apple unveiled its newest iPad Wednesday which now comes with a high-definition display and a new chip with four processing cores. Fancy. But while others are scrambling to get … Continue reading
Mobile reporting from the Papertown Dairy Bar & Restaurant in Spring Grove. Where should I visit next?
I didn’t know what, exactly, I was going to find when I walked past the sign on the door that read “no bare feet.” As it turns out, I didn’t have much time to think about it, either. As soon … Continue reading
Had some fun with the iPad this weekend in Happy Valley for Alabama’s slaughter of Penn State. Since I was going to go up anyway, figured I’d write a story about Yorkers making the trek, despite recent flooding and potential … Continue reading
There was a huge hoopla last week after York City Schools were turned down for millions of dollars in grant money, due to a request which included provisions for 2,000 iPads to be used in student learning. The backlash was … Continue reading
This video was taken with the iPad in the area of Spataro’s Restaurant, 1237 Roosevelt Ave., York. Flooding in the section of the road caused many businesses, including Dairy Queen, to close.