About this blog
If you're looking for the latest news, commentary and money-saving tips from the business scene in York County, you've come to the right place. York Common Cents is the sounding board for the biz staff and those interested in money at the York Daily Record/ Sunday News.
- Old dog learns new tricks @NICAR14
- Do you have a Capital One credit card? You should expect a visit soon
- Made In York: Things you didn’t know were made here
- West York EMS chairman writes of regionalization following WellSpan decision
- Are more people landing jobs or are they simply dropping out of York County’s labor force?
- William Meneses on I report on health inspections. I have no idea where you should have dinner
- Christmas Eve shopping: It’s not procrastinating; it’s tradition | ShoppingWiz.net on How much of your holiday shopping is done online?
- Christmas Eve shopping: It’s not procrastinating; it’s tradition | Shopping Program on How much of your holiday shopping is done online?
- Tracy on Where do you get your stocking stuffers?
- bodyweight exercises for extraordinary strength pdf on Digital Divide: Among seniors, there are those who embrace technology and those who detest it
Popular Biz Tags#fitatwork Ashley Wislock business driving economy Emileigh Clare Facebook fit at work fitness food gas gasoline gas prices health holiday holidays ipad jobs journalism Lauren Boyer manufacturing money office life PA Pennsylvania reporting restaurants retail Saving saving money savings shopping social media spending store stores tech technology TheStreet YDR York York County york daily record York PA your money
Tag Archives: jobs
So, I’m kind of psycho. I don’t know what it’s like at your workplace, but I HATE missing one day. I get so behind. I don’t know what’s going on. I freak out about what I’m missing. It stems from … Continue reading
I can’t believe we’re already at this stage, but my younger sister is ready to start looking at colleges. About two weeks ago, she came down to York County and visited York College, to check out the school and complete … Continue reading
TheStreet examines a new trend which shows that older, experienced professionals are taking internships
They say that with age comes wisdom – and a new book is hoping to spread some of this knowledge to new grads, offering them advice from older Americans as they begin their journey into the “real world.” The biggest … Continue reading
It’s pretty much a law that there will be times when stress at work will seem overwhelming. Whether it’s the pressure to answer all 100 e-mails that have suddenly flooded your inbox or your boss moving up the deadline on … Continue reading
Lots of places are hiring for the seasonal summer positions right now, even though the temperature isn’t very summery. The Pennsylvania Renaissance Faire is the most recent local attraction to announce they’re hiring. Things like this always take me back … Continue reading
As local unemployment continues to rise to the tune of 9.1 percent, finding a job can seem like a job in itself. Fortunately, the federal government is offering temporary, part-time jobs for those interested in becoming census takers. And the … Continue reading