About this blog
If you're looking for the latest news, commentary and money-saving tips from the business scene in York County, you've come to the right place. York Common Cents is the sounding board for the biz staff and those interested in money at the York Daily Record/ Sunday News.
- Old dog learns new tricks @NICAR14
- Do you have a Capital One credit card? You should expect a visit soon
- Made In York: Things you didn’t know were made here
- West York EMS chairman writes of regionalization following WellSpan decision
- Are more people landing jobs or are they simply dropping out of York County’s labor force?
- William Meneses on I report on health inspections. I have no idea where you should have dinner
- Christmas Eve shopping: It’s not procrastinating; it’s tradition | ShoppingWiz.net on How much of your holiday shopping is done online?
- Christmas Eve shopping: It’s not procrastinating; it’s tradition | Shopping Program on How much of your holiday shopping is done online?
- Tracy on Where do you get your stocking stuffers?
- bodyweight exercises for extraordinary strength pdf on Digital Divide: Among seniors, there are those who embrace technology and those who detest it
Popular Biz Tags#fitatwork Ashley Wislock business driving economy Emileigh Clare Facebook fit at work fitness food gas gasoline gas prices health holiday holidays ipad jobs journalism Lauren Boyer manufacturing money office life PA Pennsylvania reporting restaurants retail Saving saving money savings shopping social media spending store stores tech technology TheStreet YDR York York County york daily record York PA your money
Tag Archives: journalism
I’m going to Washington Township tonight for a pie party. What is that? 1. It’s a rural thing. 2. The gentleman who invited me, Jim Dickey, seems pretty awesome. 3. There will be plenty of fun and desserts. It’s York … Continue reading
Hanging out at Round the Clock Diner in the coffee shop this afternoon. Met this cool dude, Terry Clark. This 34-year-old is a jack of all trades of sorts. He saw me typing away on my laptop, posting to ydr.com, … Continue reading
I was trying to figure out where I wanted to take my mobile office today. Thought I’d switch it up a little. I’ll be eating froyo and working on stuff from 1 p.m. to 5 p.m. at Sweet Frog, 2071 … Continue reading
Got a story idea? Enjoy fine dining and/or ambiance? I’ll be hanging out at the Yorktowne Hotel Tuesday from 9 a.m. until noon. Stop by and say hi if you’re around. I might drop by the OffCenter Grill for a … Continue reading
Met some cool cats hanging out at Rutter’s in Jacobus Thursday during the convenience store chain’s job fair for the new location in Loganville. I tried to yap with the prospective employees and put their minds at ease as they … Continue reading
The Daily Record/Sunday News now offers breaking news text alerts for your cell phone. Pretty cool, right? We launched email alerts a few months ago and it’s taken off. But we realized that most people get their information on their … Continue reading
Today, I was startled when a mail carrier dropped a package off on my desk. I wasn’t expecting anything, so I wondered what it could be. Inside was a press kit with some more details about the coming Springettsbury Township … Continue reading
Mobile reporting from the Papertown Dairy Bar & Restaurant in Spring Grove. Where should I visit next?
I didn’t know what, exactly, I was going to find when I walked past the sign on the door that read “no bare feet.” As it turns out, I didn’t have much time to think about it, either. As soon … Continue reading
Well, I’m officially putting my affairs in order – my dog, Jezzy, gets everything – because I’m working on an assignment that may or may not have me scared to death. I’m working on an article about the local Halloween … Continue reading
Had some fun with the iPad this weekend in Happy Valley for Alabama’s slaughter of Penn State. Since I was going to go up anyway, figured I’d write a story about Yorkers making the trek, despite recent flooding and potential … Continue reading