About this blog
If you're looking for the latest news, commentary and money-saving tips from the business scene in York County, you've come to the right place. York Common Cents is the sounding board for the biz staff and those interested in money at the York Daily Record/ Sunday News.
- York County health inspections for May 12 « Rotten Mold Issues on I report on health inspections. I have no idea where you should have dinner
- York Common Cents | What is a realistic price for a house in York County? on Here’s one way to save on property taxes
- Smart Magazine | Win a year of free groceries from Giant Food Stores on I have a chance to win a year of free groceries. And so do you!
- York Common Cents | Do ghosts inhabit York County landmarks? on The house can be yours, as long as you’re willing to move it
- York Town Square | Looking for a 1700s Spring Grove farmhouse? You’ll just have to move it. Linked in to history, 5/3/13 on Sweet nostalgia: Tracking down a York County soda fountain
Popular Biz Tags#fitatwork Ashley Wislock business driving economy Emileigh Clare Facebook fit at work fitness food gas gasoline gas prices health holiday holidays ipad jobs journalism Lauren Boyer money office life PA Pennsylvania reporting restaurants retail Saving saving money savings sean adkins shopping social media spending store stores tech technology TheStreet YDR York York County york daily record York PA your money
Tag Archives: menu
On Sunday, the New York Times wrote about everyone’s favorite dilemma— one that has puzzled lovers of roadside fare since the beginning of time. Sheetz or Wawa? Shmuffin or Sizzli? “Made-To-Order” or “Built-To-Order?” It’s an interesting debate. Both establishments have … Continue reading →
Emmanuel Tsogas opened Stadium Grille seven years ago at 133 N. Duke St. in downtown York. Since then, the economic downturn, he said, has affected food sales — something many restaurants are seeing across the board. Tsogas had to … Continue reading →
Taco Bell is looking to take a bite of Chipotle’s huge success and is redoing their menu to include more fresh foods. They’re the latest fast-food chain to announce a menu re-do (Burger King is in the midst of one … Continue reading →
Everyone’s favorite coffee shop is looking to expand its food menu and has started the process by buying a San Francisco-area bakery chain, according to a new report on TheStreet. The small chain sells sandwiches, salads and baked goods. Here’s … Continue reading →
Fast-foodies, take note: McDonalds is re-doing its value menus, taking the small-sized french fries and drinks off of the dollar menu and creating an “extra value menu,” filled with items that are more than $1, but still considered a “value,” … Continue reading →