About this blog
If you're looking for the latest news, commentary and money-saving tips from the business scene in York County, you've come to the right place. York Common Cents is the sounding board for the biz staff and those interested in money at the York Daily Record/ Sunday News.
- Old dog learns new tricks @NICAR14
- Do you have a Capital One credit card? You should expect a visit soon
- Made In York: Things you didn’t know were made here
- West York EMS chairman writes of regionalization following WellSpan decision
- Are more people landing jobs or are they simply dropping out of York County’s labor force?
- William Meneses on I report on health inspections. I have no idea where you should have dinner
- Christmas Eve shopping: It’s not procrastinating; it’s tradition | ShoppingWiz.net on How much of your holiday shopping is done online?
- Christmas Eve shopping: It’s not procrastinating; it’s tradition | Shopping Program on How much of your holiday shopping is done online?
- Tracy on Where do you get your stocking stuffers?
- bodyweight exercises for extraordinary strength pdf on Digital Divide: Among seniors, there are those who embrace technology and those who detest it
Popular Biz Tags#fitatwork Ashley Wislock business driving economy Emileigh Clare Facebook fit at work fitness food gas gasoline gas prices health holiday holidays ipad jobs journalism Lauren Boyer manufacturing money office life PA Pennsylvania reporting restaurants retail Saving saving money savings shopping social media spending store stores tech technology TheStreet YDR York York County york daily record York PA your money
Tag Archives: money
My parents help me out a lot with finding good deals, especially when it comes to squirreling away my savings. A few months ago, they recommended a money market account with a 1 percent interest rate. The minimum was $10,000. … Continue reading
The Tooth Fairy, on average, leaves $3 per tooth, according to a survey by Visa that was released this morning.
As biz reporter Sean Adkins will tell you – some collectibles are not only things to treasure, they are worth serious dough. You see, Sean’s convinced his mint-condition He-man figures are a veritable treasure trove of value – and according … Continue reading
Gas prices in York are up about four cents this week compared with last week, with an average price of $3.58, according to GasBuddy.,com. It’s a trend that is repeating across the country and TheStreet has broken down the top … Continue reading
Investors and market watchers are preparing for an avalanche of second quarter earnings reports in the next couple weeks. In York County, three big companies are expected to issue their earnings this week and more companies across the country are … Continue reading
TheStreet examines yard sale finds that can yield big profits
Ashley Wislock discusses a new survey that shows most people don’t take advantage of free library e-book lending
Vending machines are becoming increasingly cashless. York Common Cents asks if you would use one.
“One hundred guests, $4,000″ seems like a nearly impossible feat for couples planning their weddings these days, but one contributor on TheStreet did it – and she is sharing her experience to help other couples budget. Abigail Dalton realized her … Continue reading