About this blog
If you're looking for the latest news, commentary and money-saving tips from the business scene in York County, you've come to the right place. York Common Cents is the sounding board for the biz staff and those interested in money at the York Daily Record/ Sunday News.
- York County health inspections for May 12 « Rotten Mold Issues on I report on health inspections. I have no idea where you should have dinner
- York Common Cents | What is a realistic price for a house in York County? on Here’s one way to save on property taxes
- Smart Magazine | Win a year of free groceries from Giant Food Stores on I have a chance to win a year of free groceries. And so do you!
- York Common Cents | Do ghosts inhabit York County landmarks? on The house can be yours, as long as you’re willing to move it
- York Town Square | Looking for a 1700s Spring Grove farmhouse? You’ll just have to move it. Linked in to history, 5/3/13 on Sweet nostalgia: Tracking down a York County soda fountain
Popular Biz Tags#fitatwork Ashley Wislock business driving economy Emileigh Clare Facebook fit at work fitness food gas gasoline gas prices health holiday holidays ipad jobs journalism Lauren Boyer money office life PA Pennsylvania reporting restaurants retail Saving saving money savings sean adkins shopping social media spending store stores tech technology TheStreet YDR York York County york daily record York PA your money
Tag Archives: money
My parents help me out a lot with finding good deals, especially when it comes to squirreling away my savings. A few months ago, they recommended a money market account with a 1 percent interest rate. The minimum was $10,000. … Continue reading
The Tooth Fairy, on average, leaves $3 per tooth, according to a survey by Visa that was released this morning.
As biz reporter Sean Adkins will tell you – some collectibles are not only things to treasure, they are worth serious dough. You see, Sean’s convinced his mint-condition He-man figures are a veritable treasure trove of value – and according … Continue reading
Gas prices in York are up about four cents this week compared with last week, with an average price of $3.58, according to GasBuddy.,com. It’s a trend that is repeating across the country and TheStreet has broken down the top … Continue reading
Investors and market watchers are preparing for an avalanche of second quarter earnings reports in the next couple weeks. In York County, three big companies are expected to issue their earnings this week and more companies across the country are … Continue reading
TheStreet examines yard sale finds that can yield big profits
Ashley Wislock discusses a new survey that shows most people don’t take advantage of free library e-book lending
Vending machines are becoming increasingly cashless. York Common Cents asks if you would use one.
“One hundred guests, $4,000″ seems like a nearly impossible feat for couples planning their weddings these days, but one contributor on TheStreet did it – and she is sharing her experience to help other couples budget. Abigail Dalton realized her … Continue reading