About this blog
If you're looking for the latest news, commentary and money-saving tips from the business scene in York County, you've come to the right place. York Common Cents is the sounding board for the biz staff and those interested in money at the York Daily Record/ Sunday News.
- Old dog learns new tricks @NICAR14
- Do you have a Capital One credit card? You should expect a visit soon
- Made In York: Things you didn’t know were made here
- West York EMS chairman writes of regionalization following WellSpan decision
- Are more people landing jobs or are they simply dropping out of York County’s labor force?
- William Meneses on I report on health inspections. I have no idea where you should have dinner
- Christmas Eve shopping: It’s not procrastinating; it’s tradition | ShoppingWiz.net on How much of your holiday shopping is done online?
- Christmas Eve shopping: It’s not procrastinating; it’s tradition | Shopping Program on How much of your holiday shopping is done online?
- Tracy on Where do you get your stocking stuffers?
- bodyweight exercises for extraordinary strength pdf on Digital Divide: Among seniors, there are those who embrace technology and those who detest it
Popular Biz Tags#fitatwork Ashley Wislock business driving economy Emileigh Clare Facebook fit at work fitness food gas gasoline gas prices health holiday holidays ipad jobs journalism Lauren Boyer manufacturing money office life PA Pennsylvania reporting restaurants retail Saving saving money savings shopping social media spending store stores tech technology TheStreet YDR York York County york daily record York PA your money
Tag Archives: office life
A couple of weeks ago, I asked people to share their work fridge stories in response to the drama we’ve been having here at YDR. I got one response. One. Quality isn’t quantity, I remind you. That one response came … Continue reading
Last month we blogged about “take your dog to work day” – but a new study shows that making your dog a permanent fixture in the office has positive affects, CNBC.com is reporting: A recent study from the Virginia Commonwealth … Continue reading
Friday marks national Take Your Dog to Work Day. The holiday was created in 1999 by Pet Sitters International to celebrate the great companions dogs make and to encourage their adoption from shelters. Are your or your company participating? Let … Continue reading
It’s that awkward time between breakfast and lunch. The office candy jar a few desks over is somehow telepathically communicating “eat me” to your stomach. Thoughts of the vending machine and the variety of salty potato chips behind the glass … Continue reading
It’s pretty much a law that there will be times when stress at work will seem overwhelming. Whether it’s the pressure to answer all 100 e-mails that have suddenly flooded your inbox or your boss moving up the deadline on … Continue reading
Lately I’ve been thinking about body modification, i.e. tattoos, piercings, etc. Why people get them and how it affects their experiences going forward. In 2010, a PEW research study found that about 4 in 10 “milennials,” (generations Y’ers if you … Continue reading
As the holidays approach, one event seems to hang over people’s heads like a rain cloud: the office party. What do you wear? Do you drink? How do you avoid becoming “that person” who got drunk and ambushed the boss … Continue reading
Here at the Daily Record, we’re not only serious about getting the latest news out to York County – we’re also serious about Halloween! Check out some pictures of Daily Record staffers dressed up in their Halloween finest. I’ll be … Continue reading
It’s that time of year again, when witches and goblins, politicians and pop-culture icons invade the cubicles and break rooms of businesses across the country. In some offices, competition for the best costume can be fierce, and FlipsidePA is upping … Continue reading