About this blog
If you're looking for the latest news, commentary and money-saving tips from the business scene in York County, you've come to the right place. York Common Cents is the sounding board for the biz staff and those interested in money at the York Daily Record/ Sunday News.
- Old dog learns new tricks @NICAR14
- Do you have a Capital One credit card? You should expect a visit soon
- Made In York: Things you didn’t know were made here
- West York EMS chairman writes of regionalization following WellSpan decision
- Are more people landing jobs or are they simply dropping out of York County’s labor force?
- William Meneses on I report on health inspections. I have no idea where you should have dinner
- Christmas Eve shopping: It’s not procrastinating; it’s tradition | ShoppingWiz.net on How much of your holiday shopping is done online?
- Christmas Eve shopping: It’s not procrastinating; it’s tradition | Shopping Program on How much of your holiday shopping is done online?
- Tracy on Where do you get your stocking stuffers?
- bodyweight exercises for extraordinary strength pdf on Digital Divide: Among seniors, there are those who embrace technology and those who detest it
Popular Biz Tags#fitatwork Ashley Wislock business driving economy Emileigh Clare Facebook fit at work fitness food gas gasoline gas prices health holiday holidays ipad jobs journalism Lauren Boyer manufacturing money office life PA Pennsylvania reporting restaurants retail Saving saving money savings shopping social media spending store stores tech technology TheStreet YDR York York County york daily record York PA your money
Tag Archives: PA
A few weeks ago, I visited Licatese & Son’s Barber Shop in Springettsbury Township. The shop celebrates its 10th anniversary this year. It is owned by Steve Licatese, 54, and his story is an American dream of sorts.
Today is Easter, a day filled with bunnies, fresh flowers and, of course, Peeps. Oh, those marshmallow goodies that pop up conveniently each spring and negate any diet progress you’ve made toward your New Year’s resolution. I love them. And … Continue reading
American Pickers may be coming to Pennsylvania in search of fun, kitschy “stuff,” but that doesn’t mean people will necessarily take them up on their offer. I’ve seen the show “Hoarders.”I know how it works. That old jewelry-making kit from … Continue reading
No matter where I end up in this world, I’ll never be able to deny my rural roots. I was born and raised in Montour County, Pa. with parents who embrace their small town culture. So why does the recent … Continue reading
On the heels of my article yesterday about Rep. Saylor’s proposal to increase usage of natural gas vehicles, CNN.com has posted an interesting video, showing how Pennsylvania homeowners with gas wells on their properties were not informed by the PA … Continue reading
When making your beverage selections at local grocery or convenience stores have you noticed the new “TEN” drinks featuring the brands 7UP, Canada Dry, A&W and Sunkist? If you haven’t, you’ll probably seeing a lot more of these products, labeled … Continue reading
Monday, gas in York average $3.798, according to gas price tracking website, Gasbuddy.com. That’s pretty expensive, considering just one year ago, it averaged 3.356. But there is a tiny glimmer of sunshine for York County residents – we are still … Continue reading
Lauren Boyer posted this video to Facebook yesterday. It’s a Harley-Davidson commercial filmed right here in York: Here’s some of the reaction: “Nicely done. they sure are painting a pretty picture. My husband worked there for 36 years and working … Continue reading