About this blog
If you're looking for the latest news, commentary and money-saving tips from the business scene in York County, you've come to the right place. York Common Cents is the sounding board for the biz staff and those interested in money at the York Daily Record/ Sunday News.
- Old dog learns new tricks @NICAR14
- Do you have a Capital One credit card? You should expect a visit soon
- Made In York: Things you didn’t know were made here
- West York EMS chairman writes of regionalization following WellSpan decision
- Are more people landing jobs or are they simply dropping out of York County’s labor force?
- William Meneses on I report on health inspections. I have no idea where you should have dinner
- Christmas Eve shopping: It’s not procrastinating; it’s tradition | ShoppingWiz.net on How much of your holiday shopping is done online?
- Christmas Eve shopping: It’s not procrastinating; it’s tradition | Shopping Program on How much of your holiday shopping is done online?
- Tracy on Where do you get your stocking stuffers?
- bodyweight exercises for extraordinary strength pdf on Digital Divide: Among seniors, there are those who embrace technology and those who detest it
Popular Biz Tags#fitatwork Ashley Wislock business driving economy Emileigh Clare Facebook fit at work fitness food gas gasoline gas prices health holiday holidays ipad jobs journalism Lauren Boyer manufacturing money office life PA Pennsylvania reporting restaurants retail Saving saving money savings shopping social media spending store stores tech technology TheStreet YDR York York County york daily record York PA your money
Tag Archives: Pennsylvania
Check out this cool graphic about how the sequester is expected to affect Pennsylvania? Among the companies listed is BAE Systems in West Manchester Township. Last week, Randy Coble, spokesman for the site, said the company expects to eliminate about … Continue reading
Personally, I couldn’t, in good conscience, pay more than $1,000 a month to rent in York County. But apparently, it’s not so far fetched. Check out my story from Sunday about the high price of renting in York’s trendy … Continue reading
Do you work for a fit company in Pennsylvania? Get recognition, tools from American Heart Association
The American Heart Association is recognizing fit workplaces and offering tools to companies to improve wellness.
You know ‘the strip?’ That nasty patch of asphalt in the middle of I-83 that once ran 26 miles from the Maryland line to just south of the Strinestown exit? PennDOT repaired it just last year, but I met with … Continue reading
Heard from a Walmart rep the other day. I frequently heart the ‘Mart, and previously created this video asking people what’s to love about saving money and living better, as the slogan says. The ‘Mart man wanted to let me … Continue reading
So, I called a company yesterday. (A company I’m not going to name, because, well, I don’t want to let anyone know what I’m working on.) So, yeah, I called a company — a company in York — and I … Continue reading
York Kia, located at 1305 Roosevelt Ave. in York, donated $2,000 to the PA Breast Cancer Coalition as part of a month-long campaign to raise support for the organization, according to Kevin Smith, the communications director for the Breast Cancer … Continue reading
Today is Easter, a day filled with bunnies, fresh flowers and, of course, Peeps. Oh, those marshmallow goodies that pop up conveniently each spring and negate any diet progress you’ve made toward your New Year’s resolution. I love them. And … Continue reading
Today, I had the pleasure of speaking with Jodi Friedman, a producer for the History Channel show ‘American Pickers.’ When the show — featuring Mike Wolfe and Frank Fritz — announced they’d be be visiting somewhere in Pennsylvania, the York … Continue reading