About this blog
If you're looking for the latest news, commentary and money-saving tips from the business scene in York County, you've come to the right place. York Common Cents is the sounding board for the biz staff and those interested in money at the York Daily Record/ Sunday News.
- Old dog learns new tricks @NICAR14
- Do you have a Capital One credit card? You should expect a visit soon
- Made In York: Things you didn’t know were made here
- West York EMS chairman writes of regionalization following WellSpan decision
- Are more people landing jobs or are they simply dropping out of York County’s labor force?
- William Meneses on I report on health inspections. I have no idea where you should have dinner
- Christmas Eve shopping: It’s not procrastinating; it’s tradition | ShoppingWiz.net on How much of your holiday shopping is done online?
- Christmas Eve shopping: It’s not procrastinating; it’s tradition | Shopping Program on How much of your holiday shopping is done online?
- Tracy on Where do you get your stocking stuffers?
- bodyweight exercises for extraordinary strength pdf on Digital Divide: Among seniors, there are those who embrace technology and those who detest it
Popular Biz Tags#fitatwork Ashley Wislock business driving economy Emileigh Clare Facebook fit at work fitness food gas gasoline gas prices health holiday holidays ipad jobs journalism Lauren Boyer manufacturing money office life PA Pennsylvania reporting restaurants retail Saving saving money savings shopping social media spending store stores tech technology TheStreet YDR York York County york daily record York PA your money
Tag Archives: reporting
I’m going to Washington Township tonight for a pie party. What is that? 1. It’s a rural thing. 2. The gentleman who invited me, Jim Dickey, seems pretty awesome. 3. There will be plenty of fun and desserts. It’s York … Continue reading
Got a visitor to my mobile office Friday at Round the Clock Diner. That’s a hint, by the way, to all you people out there who follow the York Daily Record/Sunday News Facebook page and haven’t dropped in on me … Continue reading
I was trying to figure out where I wanted to take my mobile office today. Thought I’d switch it up a little. I’ll be eating froyo and working on stuff from 1 p.m. to 5 p.m. at Sweet Frog, 2071 … Continue reading
Last week, I had the opportunity to sit down with Comcast spokesman Bob Grove and talk about Comcast’s new “Xfinity Home” program, which manages a home’s security and can monitor your energy usage. As a follow-up, I recently spoke with … Continue reading
Today, I was startled when a mail carrier dropped a package off on my desk. I wasn’t expecting anything, so I wondered what it could be. Inside was a press kit with some more details about the coming Springettsbury Township … Continue reading
As the daughter of a retired U.S. Postal Service worker, I love getting mail. I got these two cards recently from a woman named Vivian in Red Lion, who told me about her trips to Myrtle Beach and Tennessee: Vivian, … Continue reading
Had some fun with the iPad this weekend in Happy Valley for Alabama’s slaughter of Penn State. Since I was going to go up anyway, figured I’d write a story about Yorkers making the trek, despite recent flooding and potential … Continue reading
This video was taken with the iPad in the area of Spataro’s Restaurant, 1237 Roosevelt Ave., York. Flooding in the section of the road caused many businesses, including Dairy Queen, to close.