About this blog
If you're looking for the latest news, commentary and money-saving tips from the business scene in York County, you've come to the right place. York Common Cents is the sounding board for the biz staff and those interested in money at the York Daily Record/ Sunday News.
- York County health inspections for May 12 « Rotten Mold Issues on I report on health inspections. I have no idea where you should have dinner
- York Common Cents | What is a realistic price for a house in York County? on Here’s one way to save on property taxes
- Smart Magazine | Win a year of free groceries from Giant Food Stores on I have a chance to win a year of free groceries. And so do you!
- York Common Cents | Do ghosts inhabit York County landmarks? on The house can be yours, as long as you’re willing to move it
- York Town Square | Looking for a 1700s Spring Grove farmhouse? You’ll just have to move it. Linked in to history, 5/3/13 on Sweet nostalgia: Tracking down a York County soda fountain
Popular Biz Tags#fitatwork Ashley Wislock business driving economy Emileigh Clare Facebook fit at work fitness food gas gasoline gas prices health holiday holidays ipad jobs journalism Lauren Boyer money office life PA Pennsylvania reporting restaurants retail Saving saving money savings sean adkins shopping social media spending store stores tech technology TheStreet YDR York York County york daily record York PA your money
Tag Archives: restaurants
My birthday is April 10. I can’t wait. It’s a week away, and you know what that means. Today is the day all my birthday freebies arrived in my email. A while back, I signed up for everything. Some of … Continue reading
It’s Restaurant Week in York city. Don’t get me wrong. I love to eat out. I’ll probably splurge at least once in the next five days … … But I’ll be honest: I’m not really the type to eagerly part … Continue reading
In my head, trumpets are blasting right now: Sam’s Club and Olive Garden announced an exclusive deal to sell the Italian restaurant’s famous dressing and cheese in Sam’s Club stores. The Orlando Sentinel has the details: The Italian chain, owned … Continue reading
For the third year in a row, Tom Burkhart, managing partner of the Springettsbury Township Texas Roadhouse, is a finalist for the Managing Partner of the Year award, the company’s highest honor. He was chosen from a pool of more … Continue reading
I was lucky to be a part of the group of women who sat at the MediaOne table Friday night at Taste of York City. It was held at the Valencia Ballroom in York. What a beautiful building. I thought … Continue reading
There’s been some shake-up in the state House about a proposed bill (House Bill 11) which originally aimed to privatize state-run liquor stores, but has since been amended to allow more selling options in privately-run businesses, but keeps state control … Continue reading