About this blog
If you're looking for the latest news, commentary and money-saving tips from the business scene in York County, you've come to the right place. York Common Cents is the sounding board for the biz staff and those interested in money at the York Daily Record/ Sunday News.
- York County health inspections for May 12 « Rotten Mold Issues on I report on health inspections. I have no idea where you should have dinner
- York Common Cents | What is a realistic price for a house in York County? on Here’s one way to save on property taxes
- Smart Magazine | Win a year of free groceries from Giant Food Stores on I have a chance to win a year of free groceries. And so do you!
- York Common Cents | Do ghosts inhabit York County landmarks? on The house can be yours, as long as you’re willing to move it
- York Town Square | Looking for a 1700s Spring Grove farmhouse? You’ll just have to move it. Linked in to history, 5/3/13 on Sweet nostalgia: Tracking down a York County soda fountain
Popular Biz Tags#fitatwork Ashley Wislock business driving economy Emileigh Clare Facebook fit at work fitness food gas gasoline gas prices health holiday holidays ipad jobs journalism Lauren Boyer money office life PA Pennsylvania reporting restaurants retail Saving saving money savings sean adkins shopping social media spending store stores tech technology TheStreet YDR York York County york daily record York PA your money
Tag Archives: retail
A new article on TheStreet discusses what you should not buy secondhand, like swimsuits and vacuums.
Despite a poor performance with the first half of its brand renewal strategy, J.C. Penneys is pushing forward with stage two of its overhaul: creating store-within-a-stores for specific brands, according to Women’s Wear Daily. The chain will add IZOD shops … Continue reading
A survey of 205 of Borders’ former stores are still vacant about one year after the chain announced it was liquidating its assets and closing down for good, according to the Wall Street Journal. The vacancies have hit suburban shopping … Continue reading
A new study shows that Groupon use isn’t turning out the way many shops originally hoped it would, according to an article on TheStreet. The “flash deal” site is often used by companies that hope to attract new customers through … Continue reading
After abysmal first quarter numbers, J.C. Penney is adding more sales to its promotional calendar. When unveiling the recent store and pricing system overhauls, the chain announced that sales would be only on the first and third Fridays of the … Continue reading
The latest issue of Consumer Reports rates 52 grocery chains and ranks them based on several factors. Here’s how some chains with local stores did: Wegmans, which has a store in Mechanicsburg, ranked NUMBER 1 out of all the chains … Continue reading
If there’s one thing that gets retailers fired up it’s the weather. The ways of the winds often dictate what people will spend and when, according to industry analysts. So after this mild – some would say downright warm – … Continue reading