About this blog
If you're looking for the latest news, commentary and money-saving tips from the business scene in York County, you've come to the right place. York Common Cents is the sounding board for the biz staff and those interested in money at the York Daily Record/ Sunday News.
- William Meneses on I report on health inspections. I have no idea where you should have dinner
- Christmas Eve shopping: It’s not procrastinating; it’s tradition | ShoppingWiz.net on How much of your holiday shopping is done online?
- Christmas Eve shopping: It’s not procrastinating; it’s tradition | Shopping Program on How much of your holiday shopping is done online?
- Tracy on Where do you get your stocking stuffers?
- bodyweight exercises for extraordinary strength pdf on Digital Divide: Among seniors, there are those who embrace technology and those who detest it
Popular Biz Tags#fitatwork Ashley Wislock business driving economy Emileigh Clare Facebook fit at work fitness food gas gasoline gas prices health holiday holidays ipad jobs journalism Lauren Boyer manufacturing money office life PA Pennsylvania reporting restaurants retail Saving saving money savings shopping social media spending store stores tech technology TheStreet YDR York York County york daily record York PA your money
Tag Archives: retail
A new article on TheStreet discusses what you should not buy secondhand, like swimsuits and vacuums.
Despite a poor performance with the first half of its brand renewal strategy, J.C. Penneys is pushing forward with stage two of its overhaul: creating store-within-a-stores for specific brands, according to Women’s Wear Daily. The chain will add IZOD shops … Continue reading
A survey of 205 of Borders’ former stores are still vacant about one year after the chain announced it was liquidating its assets and closing down for good, according to the Wall Street Journal. The vacancies have hit suburban shopping … Continue reading
A new study shows that Groupon use isn’t turning out the way many shops originally hoped it would, according to an article on TheStreet. The “flash deal” site is often used by companies that hope to attract new customers through … Continue reading
After abysmal first quarter numbers, J.C. Penney is adding more sales to its promotional calendar. When unveiling the recent store and pricing system overhauls, the chain announced that sales would be only on the first and third Fridays of the … Continue reading
The latest issue of Consumer Reports rates 52 grocery chains and ranks them based on several factors. Here’s how some chains with local stores did: Wegmans, which has a store in Mechanicsburg, ranked NUMBER 1 out of all the chains … Continue reading