About this blog
If you're looking for the latest news, commentary and money-saving tips from the business scene in York County, you've come to the right place. York Common Cents is the sounding board for the biz staff and those interested in money at the York Daily Record/ Sunday News.
- Old dog learns new tricks @NICAR14
- Do you have a Capital One credit card? You should expect a visit soon
- Made In York: Things you didn’t know were made here
- West York EMS chairman writes of regionalization following WellSpan decision
- Are more people landing jobs or are they simply dropping out of York County’s labor force?
- William Meneses on I report on health inspections. I have no idea where you should have dinner
- Christmas Eve shopping: It’s not procrastinating; it’s tradition | ShoppingWiz.net on How much of your holiday shopping is done online?
- Christmas Eve shopping: It’s not procrastinating; it’s tradition | Shopping Program on How much of your holiday shopping is done online?
- Tracy on Where do you get your stocking stuffers?
- bodyweight exercises for extraordinary strength pdf on Digital Divide: Among seniors, there are those who embrace technology and those who detest it
Popular Biz Tags#fitatwork Ashley Wislock business driving economy Emileigh Clare Facebook fit at work fitness food gas gasoline gas prices health holiday holidays ipad jobs journalism Lauren Boyer manufacturing money office life PA Pennsylvania reporting restaurants retail Saving saving money savings shopping social media spending store stores tech technology TheStreet YDR York York County york daily record York PA your money
Tag Archives: sales
TheStreet examines yard sale finds that can yield big profits
After abysmal first quarter numbers, J.C. Penney is adding more sales to its promotional calendar. When unveiling the recent store and pricing system overhauls, the chain announced that sales would be only on the first and third Fridays of the … Continue reading
Transforming a retail chain’s image may be harder than thought, as J.C. Penney is finding out. The Texas-based company reported a staggering loss of $55 million, or 25 cents a share, in the first quarter of this year. Same-store sales … Continue reading
Birmingham-based Books-A-Million posted big numbers for the fourth quarter, with sales increasing 10.7 percent. The sales increase was largely due to the new stores the chain acquired, since comparable store sales for the fourth quarter declined 5.7 percent. BAM! opened … Continue reading
Though York County’s Sears and Kmart stores were safe after a December announcement that Sears Holdings Company, which owns the two chains was closing 100 to 120 stores, a new report from the Wall Street Journal says that the cash-strapped … Continue reading
Today I headed across the street to the West Manchester Mall over my lunch break to grab something to eat and maybe do a little browsing. While there, I noticed – with great sadness – that two of the mall’s … Continue reading
Retailer jcpenney may be taking the backlash against other mega-stores like Target and Wal-Mart to heart: the chain announced it will open at 4 a.m. on Black Friday, right around the time stores have opened in the past. Ever since … Continue reading