About this blog
If you're looking for the latest news, commentary and money-saving tips from the business scene in York County, you've come to the right place. York Common Cents is the sounding board for the biz staff and those interested in money at the York Daily Record/ Sunday News.
- Old dog learns new tricks @NICAR14
- Do you have a Capital One credit card? You should expect a visit soon
- Made In York: Things you didn’t know were made here
- West York EMS chairman writes of regionalization following WellSpan decision
- Are more people landing jobs or are they simply dropping out of York County’s labor force?
- William Meneses on I report on health inspections. I have no idea where you should have dinner
- Christmas Eve shopping: It’s not procrastinating; it’s tradition | ShoppingWiz.net on How much of your holiday shopping is done online?
- Christmas Eve shopping: It’s not procrastinating; it’s tradition | Shopping Program on How much of your holiday shopping is done online?
- Tracy on Where do you get your stocking stuffers?
- bodyweight exercises for extraordinary strength pdf on Digital Divide: Among seniors, there are those who embrace technology and those who detest it
Popular Biz Tags#fitatwork Ashley Wislock business driving economy Emileigh Clare Facebook fit at work fitness food gas gasoline gas prices health holiday holidays ipad jobs journalism Lauren Boyer manufacturing money office life PA Pennsylvania reporting restaurants retail Saving saving money savings shopping social media spending store stores tech technology TheStreet YDR York York County york daily record York PA your money
Tag Archives: saving money
Ashley Wislock discusses a new survey that shows most people don’t take advantage of free library e-book lending
“One hundred guests, $4,000″ seems like a nearly impossible feat for couples planning their weddings these days, but one contributor on TheStreet did it – and she is sharing her experience to help other couples budget. Abigail Dalton realized her … Continue reading
A new study shows that Groupon use isn’t turning out the way many shops originally hoped it would, according to an article on TheStreet. The “flash deal” site is often used by companies that hope to attract new customers through … Continue reading
As gas prices continue to rise, I’m glad that I drive a little Honda Civic. It’s old — a 1995 model — but it has a small four-cylinder engine that allows me to get about 35 miles per gallon of … Continue reading
The majority of Americans will make “major changes” once gas hits $5.30 to $5.35 per gallon, according to a new Gallup poll. Respondents were asked at what point gas prices would force “significant cutbacks in your spending in other areas” … Continue reading
Well, it’s the day so many tech geeks have waited for: Apple unveiled its newest iPad Wednesday which now comes with a high-definition display and a new chip with four processing cores. Fancy. But while others are scrambling to get … Continue reading
Gas prices are continuing to climb this week. Here’s the data from the the Department of Energy’s Enegery Information Administration: Date … Continue reading
This morning on the Today Show, gas prices were a hot topic of discussion – with a variety of reasons, including refinery closures on the East Coast, contributing to soaring gas prices. Here’s their segment: Visit msnbc.com for breaking news, … Continue reading
The wedding industry is a multi-billion dollar industry – and it’s not hard to see why. According to a new survey by BRIDES magazine, the average wedding in 2011 dipped slightly, but still came in at more than $26,000. That’s … Continue reading