About this blog
If you're looking for the latest news, commentary and money-saving tips from the business scene in York County, you've come to the right place. York Common Cents is the sounding board for the biz staff and those interested in money at the York Daily Record/ Sunday News.
- York County health inspections for May 12 « Rotten Mold Issues on I report on health inspections. I have no idea where you should have dinner
- York Common Cents | What is a realistic price for a house in York County? on Here’s one way to save on property taxes
- Smart Magazine | Win a year of free groceries from Giant Food Stores on I have a chance to win a year of free groceries. And so do you!
- York Common Cents | Do ghosts inhabit York County landmarks? on The house can be yours, as long as you’re willing to move it
- York Town Square | Looking for a 1700s Spring Grove farmhouse? You’ll just have to move it. Linked in to history, 5/3/13 on Sweet nostalgia: Tracking down a York County soda fountain
Popular Biz Tags#fitatwork Ashley Wislock business driving economy Emileigh Clare Facebook fit at work fitness food gas gasoline gas prices health holiday holidays ipad jobs journalism Lauren Boyer money office life PA Pennsylvania reporting restaurants retail Saving saving money savings sean adkins shopping social media spending store stores tech technology TheStreet YDR York York County york daily record York PA your money
Tag Archives: Saving
Which would you rather be: Financially fit or physically fit? For me, it’s not really an either/or. I mean, they’re kind of unrelated. You can do both. But a recent study discovered that most people don’t.
Gas prices in York are up about four cents this week compared with last week, with an average price of $3.58, according to GasBuddy.,com. It’s a trend that is repeating across the country and TheStreet has broken down the top … Continue reading
Ashley Wislock discusses a new survey that shows most people don’t take advantage of free library e-book lending
“One hundred guests, $4,000″ seems like a nearly impossible feat for couples planning their weddings these days, but one contributor on TheStreet did it – and she is sharing her experience to help other couples budget. Abigail Dalton realized her … Continue reading
A new study shows that Groupon use isn’t turning out the way many shops originally hoped it would, according to an article on TheStreet. The “flash deal” site is often used by companies that hope to attract new customers through … Continue reading
I nearly swerved in my car coming back to York this weekend when I saw a gas station practically giving away gasoline. OK, OK, they were charging $3.69 per gallon for regular, but compared to a few weeks ago, when … Continue reading
Well, it’s the day so many tech geeks have waited for: Apple unveiled its newest iPad Wednesday which now comes with a high-definition display and a new chip with four processing cores. Fancy. But while others are scrambling to get … Continue reading
Gas prices are continuing to climb this week. Here’s the data from the the Department of Energy’s Enegery Information Administration: Date … Continue reading
Tax time has been like Christmas after Christmas for me. Not because I love filling out paperwork. (And I don’t really do that anyway. My parents do.) It’s that wonderful (or not-so-wonderful) time of year when you figure out what … Continue reading