About this blog
If you're looking for the latest news, commentary and money-saving tips from the business scene in York County, you've come to the right place. York Common Cents is the sounding board for the biz staff and those interested in money at the York Daily Record/ Sunday News.
- Old dog learns new tricks @NICAR14
- Do you have a Capital One credit card? You should expect a visit soon
- Made In York: Things you didn’t know were made here
- West York EMS chairman writes of regionalization following WellSpan decision
- Are more people landing jobs or are they simply dropping out of York County’s labor force?
- William Meneses on I report on health inspections. I have no idea where you should have dinner
- Christmas Eve shopping: It’s not procrastinating; it’s tradition | ShoppingWiz.net on How much of your holiday shopping is done online?
- Christmas Eve shopping: It’s not procrastinating; it’s tradition | Shopping Program on How much of your holiday shopping is done online?
- Tracy on Where do you get your stocking stuffers?
- bodyweight exercises for extraordinary strength pdf on Digital Divide: Among seniors, there are those who embrace technology and those who detest it
Popular Biz Tags#fitatwork Ashley Wislock business driving economy Emileigh Clare Facebook fit at work fitness food gas gasoline gas prices health holiday holidays ipad jobs journalism Lauren Boyer manufacturing money office life PA Pennsylvania reporting restaurants retail Saving saving money savings shopping social media spending store stores tech technology TheStreet YDR York York County york daily record York PA your money
Tag Archives: savings
Last week, I celebrated two years at the York Daily Record. I also celebrated something else: Two years without television. I realize that probably makes me a total weirdo. You see, I have a perfectly working television at my house … Continue reading
Ashley Wislock discusses a new survey that shows most people don’t take advantage of free library e-book lending
“One hundred guests, $4,000″ seems like a nearly impossible feat for couples planning their weddings these days, but one contributor on TheStreet did it – and she is sharing her experience to help other couples budget. Abigail Dalton realized her … Continue reading
A new study shows that Groupon use isn’t turning out the way many shops originally hoped it would, according to an article on TheStreet. The “flash deal” site is often used by companies that hope to attract new customers through … Continue reading
I nearly swerved in my car coming back to York this weekend when I saw a gas station practically giving away gasoline. OK, OK, they were charging $3.69 per gallon for regular, but compared to a few weeks ago, when … Continue reading
As gas prices continue to rise, I’m glad that I drive a little Honda Civic. It’s old — a 1995 model — but it has a small four-cylinder engine that allows me to get about 35 miles per gallon of … Continue reading
Think everything is going up in price these days? Well, think again. Some well-loved products are expected to drop in price headed into the new year, according to dealnews.com – whether it’s because people are spending less on non-essentials or … Continue reading
2011 is almost over and done with, but there’s still a few days left to save some money in 2012 when you file your taxes. H&R Block has compiled a list of end-of-year tips to help maximize your tax returns … Continue reading
As we all dig deep into our wallets for a little extra cash this holiday season, there’s a fun way for people with some extra coins laying around to cash in – Metro Bank’s “Magic Money Machine:”