About this blog
If you're looking for the latest news, commentary and money-saving tips from the business scene in York County, you've come to the right place. York Common Cents is the sounding board for the biz staff and those interested in money at the York Daily Record/ Sunday News.
- Old dog learns new tricks @NICAR14
- Do you have a Capital One credit card? You should expect a visit soon
- Made In York: Things you didn’t know were made here
- West York EMS chairman writes of regionalization following WellSpan decision
- Are more people landing jobs or are they simply dropping out of York County’s labor force?
- William Meneses on I report on health inspections. I have no idea where you should have dinner
- Christmas Eve shopping: It’s not procrastinating; it’s tradition | ShoppingWiz.net on How much of your holiday shopping is done online?
- Christmas Eve shopping: It’s not procrastinating; it’s tradition | Shopping Program on How much of your holiday shopping is done online?
- Tracy on Where do you get your stocking stuffers?
- bodyweight exercises for extraordinary strength pdf on Digital Divide: Among seniors, there are those who embrace technology and those who detest it
Popular Biz Tags#fitatwork Ashley Wislock business driving economy Emileigh Clare Facebook fit at work fitness food gas gasoline gas prices health holiday holidays ipad jobs journalism Lauren Boyer manufacturing money office life PA Pennsylvania reporting restaurants retail Saving saving money savings shopping social media spending store stores tech technology TheStreet YDR York York County york daily record York PA your money
Tag Archives: sean adkins
A couple months ago, fellow business reporter Sean Adkins wrote about sushi chefs who were complaining about the glove-wearing requirement by the New York City Health Department. They told the New York Times that they could not perform their jobs … Continue reading
Sean Adkins shows how the health care law is similar to digesting horseradish
I’m not a big sushi fan. In fact, I’d go as far to say that I don’t like sushi. At all. However, I do have friends who swear by sliced raw fish. And, from what I can tell, a minor … Continue reading
Remember when Lauren Boyer asked if it was odd that her father got a bracelet from Santa? Apparently not. Her dad is just one of many men now splurging on everything from bags to bracelets, according to the New York … Continue reading
Soon, residents may open their natural gas bills with a groan. As soon as this week, state legislators could approve a bill that would impose an impact fee on natural gas producers. Right now, Pennsylvania is the only state which … Continue reading
I received an email Monday from a reader who complimented our efforts on mobile journalism and peek behind the curtain on how we cover some of the news locally. Barry Ness is the writer and said I could mention the … Continue reading
Pets are a lot of work. They’re also pretty expensive. Trust me, I know. I have to put up with these little monsters on a regular basis: Note: I’m actually obsessed with them … Continue reading
I have two dogs and, while they’re fun to be around, they can destructive. My Cocker Spaniel, Luke, has taken to clawing the door frame that leads into my mudroom. I assume he’s under the impression that, by digging into … Continue reading