About this blog
If you're looking for the latest news, commentary and money-saving tips from the business scene in York County, you've come to the right place. York Common Cents is the sounding board for the biz staff and those interested in money at the York Daily Record/ Sunday News.
- Old dog learns new tricks @NICAR14
- Do you have a Capital One credit card? You should expect a visit soon
- Made In York: Things you didn’t know were made here
- West York EMS chairman writes of regionalization following WellSpan decision
- Are more people landing jobs or are they simply dropping out of York County’s labor force?
- William Meneses on I report on health inspections. I have no idea where you should have dinner
- Christmas Eve shopping: It’s not procrastinating; it’s tradition | ShoppingWiz.net on How much of your holiday shopping is done online?
- Christmas Eve shopping: It’s not procrastinating; it’s tradition | Shopping Program on How much of your holiday shopping is done online?
- Tracy on Where do you get your stocking stuffers?
- bodyweight exercises for extraordinary strength pdf on Digital Divide: Among seniors, there are those who embrace technology and those who detest it
Popular Biz Tags#fitatwork Ashley Wislock business driving economy Emileigh Clare Facebook fit at work fitness food gas gasoline gas prices health holiday holidays ipad jobs journalism Lauren Boyer manufacturing money office life PA Pennsylvania reporting restaurants retail Saving saving money savings shopping social media spending store stores tech technology TheStreet YDR York York County york daily record York PA your money
Tag Archives: stores
Despite a poor performance with the first half of its brand renewal strategy, J.C. Penneys is pushing forward with stage two of its overhaul: creating store-within-a-stores for specific brands, according to Women’s Wear Daily. The chain will add IZOD shops … Continue reading
A survey of 205 of Borders’ former stores are still vacant about one year after the chain announced it was liquidating its assets and closing down for good, according to the Wall Street Journal. The vacancies have hit suburban shopping … Continue reading
The latest issue of Consumer Reports rates 52 grocery chains and ranks them based on several factors. Here’s how some chains with local stores did: Wegmans, which has a store in Mechanicsburg, ranked NUMBER 1 out of all the chains … Continue reading
Transforming a retail chain’s image may be harder than thought, as J.C. Penney is finding out. The Texas-based company reported a staggering loss of $55 million, or 25 cents a share, in the first quarter of this year. Same-store sales … Continue reading
After an internal memo was leaked, Target has confirmed that it will stop selling Kindles soon, according to CNN. No end date was given and no specific reason was given – though CNN pointed out that Target recently began selling … Continue reading
Former Best Buy CEO Brian Dunn (AP Photo) Two weeks after announcing major restructuring plans which include the closing of 50 stores, Best Buy’s CEO has resigned, the Wall Street Journal is reporting. In a press release, the company calls … Continue reading
Best Buy, which has a store in Springettsbury Township, plans on closing 50 big box stores in the coming year to cut costs and focus on its smaller, Mobile stores (there’s one in the Galleria), according to the Associated Press. … Continue reading
Birmingham-based Books-A-Million posted big numbers for the fourth quarter, with sales increasing 10.7 percent. The sales increase was largely due to the new stores the chain acquired, since comparable store sales for the fourth quarter declined 5.7 percent. BAM! opened … Continue reading