About this blog
If you're looking for the latest news, commentary and money-saving tips from the business scene in York County, you've come to the right place. York Common Cents is the sounding board for the biz staff and those interested in money at the York Daily Record/ Sunday News.
- Why do York County drivers park on the side of the road whenever it rains or snows?
- Have you worked as a Harley casual? Tell us about it.
- No, that’s not the government spying on you. It’s an Amazon drone.
- On Facebook, York city merchant to customers: “You suck.”
- Frozen Giant turkey finally cooked one year later
- info on Want to use a stability ball for an office chair? Check out these ergonomics tips and exercise ideas
- Scott Bohlen on On Facebook, York city merchant to customers: “You suck.”
- T Anderson on On Facebook, York city merchant to customers: “You suck.”
- Marc on On Facebook, York city merchant to customers: “You suck.”
- Jim on On Facebook, York city merchant to customers: “You suck.”
Popular Biz Tags#fitatwork Ashley Wislock business driving economy Emileigh Clare Facebook fit at work fitness food gas gasoline gas prices health holiday holidays ipad jobs journalism Lauren Boyer money office life PA Pennsylvania reporting restaurants retail Saving saving money savings sean adkins shopping social media spending store stores tech technology TheStreet YDR York York County york daily record York PA your money
Tag Archives: TheStreet
As biz reporter Sean Adkins will tell you – some collectibles are not only things to treasure, they are worth serious dough. You see, Sean’s convinced his mint-condition He-man figures are a veritable treasure trove of value – and according … Continue reading
Gas prices in York are up about four cents this week compared with last week, with an average price of $3.58, according to GasBuddy.,com. It’s a trend that is repeating across the country and TheStreet has broken down the top … Continue reading
Last month, the web was abuzz with the news that Marissa Mayer was hired to lead a struggling Yahoo! into the future. Now, TheStreet is looking at what her spectacular rise to business superstardom can teach us about success and … Continue reading
If you’ve been waiting for the new iPhone announcement, you may only have about another month of anticipation ahead, according to a new report on TheStreet. Rumors have been swirling that the new iPhone will be unveiled at a Sept. … Continue reading
TheStreet talks about ways to keep business going during the summer months
Buying a new home is expensive. And I’m not just talking about the thousands you spend actually buying the house – I’m also talking about the “extras,” i.e. realizing that you don’t have a laundry hamper, plunger or any furniture … Continue reading
TheStreet examines a new trend which shows that older, experienced professionals are taking internships
One writer on TheStreet laid it out in no uncertain terms: Despite a U.S. News & World Report article proclaiming “Why You Should Work Until Age 70,” – “there’s no way in H-E-double hockey sticks I am working until 70 … Continue reading
TheStreet talks to a tech analyst who thinks Apple’s next venture could be an in-home robot