About this blog
If you're looking for the latest news, commentary and money-saving tips from the business scene in York County, you've come to the right place. York Common Cents is the sounding board for the biz staff and those interested in money at the York Daily Record/ Sunday News.
- Old dog learns new tricks @NICAR14
- Do you have a Capital One credit card? You should expect a visit soon
- Made In York: Things you didn’t know were made here
- West York EMS chairman writes of regionalization following WellSpan decision
- Are more people landing jobs or are they simply dropping out of York County’s labor force?
- William Meneses on I report on health inspections. I have no idea where you should have dinner
- Christmas Eve shopping: It’s not procrastinating; it’s tradition | ShoppingWiz.net on How much of your holiday shopping is done online?
- Christmas Eve shopping: It’s not procrastinating; it’s tradition | Shopping Program on How much of your holiday shopping is done online?
- Tracy on Where do you get your stocking stuffers?
- bodyweight exercises for extraordinary strength pdf on Digital Divide: Among seniors, there are those who embrace technology and those who detest it
Popular Biz Tags#fitatwork Ashley Wislock business driving economy Emileigh Clare Facebook fit at work fitness food gas gasoline gas prices health holiday holidays ipad jobs journalism Lauren Boyer manufacturing money office life PA Pennsylvania reporting restaurants retail Saving saving money savings shopping social media spending store stores tech technology TheStreet YDR York York County york daily record York PA your money
Tag Archives: twitter
Is it your New Year’s Resolution to cut back on social media? It should be.
Want to be healthy at work? Professionals share tips for avoiding donuts, remembering walking breaks and more
Did you miss the #fitatwork chat last week on Twitter? @Corpwellness and me, @MissEClare, held a chat about creating (and maintaining) a culture of wellness in the office. What followed was a bunch of healthy tips and thoughts on fitness and health at work. Check out the ideas shared.
Join @corpwellness and me, @MissEClare, for a #FitAtWork chat this Wednesday at 1 p.m. EST on Twitter. Focus: The Culture of Wellness in your Workplace. We’re going to be asking and answering questions about creating and maintaining healthy workplaces. What … Continue reading →
TheStreet highlights a report on the Top tweeters for small businesses.
Spent the morning working at the Yorktowne Hotel. I think I’ll do that more often. It’s a quiet place, free of the ruckus that comes with diners and gas stations. It was lovely sipping coffee at the OffCenter Grill while … Continue reading →
I was getting my hair cut and colored on a Saturday recently at a salon on East Market Street. It was my first visit to Xpressions Hair Studio because my stylist, Evelyn Quinones-Detter, left her former position at Regis at … Continue reading →
A friend turned me on to this Twitter account the other day. He knows I’m a business reporter. He also knows that I’m easily amused and intrigued by irrationally arrogant behavior. Take, for example, remarks like this one. And conversations … Continue reading →
I woke up to a surprising email in my inbox and segment on my favorite morning show, Good Morning America: Netflix is splitting in two, creating a new company, “Qwikster.” It’s a surprise move coming from a company that is … Continue reading →
Yesterday, my editor handed me an iPad. I know, I know. Sounds pretty cool, right? But truth be told, I found it kind of intimidating. Outside the Apple Store, I had never really used one. I don’t have an iPhone. … Continue reading →