About this blog
If you're looking for the latest news, commentary and money-saving tips from the business scene in York County, you've come to the right place. York Common Cents is the sounding board for the biz staff and those interested in money at the York Daily Record/ Sunday News.
- Old dog learns new tricks @NICAR14
- Do you have a Capital One credit card? You should expect a visit soon
- Made In York: Things you didn’t know were made here
- West York EMS chairman writes of regionalization following WellSpan decision
- Are more people landing jobs or are they simply dropping out of York County’s labor force?
- William Meneses on I report on health inspections. I have no idea where you should have dinner
- Christmas Eve shopping: It’s not procrastinating; it’s tradition | ShoppingWiz.net on How much of your holiday shopping is done online?
- Christmas Eve shopping: It’s not procrastinating; it’s tradition | Shopping Program on How much of your holiday shopping is done online?
- Tracy on Where do you get your stocking stuffers?
- bodyweight exercises for extraordinary strength pdf on Digital Divide: Among seniors, there are those who embrace technology and those who detest it
Popular Biz Tags#fitatwork Ashley Wislock business driving economy Emileigh Clare Facebook fit at work fitness food gas gasoline gas prices health holiday holidays ipad jobs journalism Lauren Boyer manufacturing money office life PA Pennsylvania reporting restaurants retail Saving saving money savings shopping social media spending store stores tech technology TheStreet YDR York York County york daily record York PA your money
Tag Archives: YDR
Last week, we learned that the fridge in the York Daily Record/Sunday News break room needs some “special attention.” First, some string cheese went missing. Expired food is growing roots. An appliance shared by 100 adults has become a small … Continue reading
Tomorrow is causal Friday at YDR. You know what that means: jeans. From what I understand, this is the first casual Friday in a long time for our company. I guess you’re thinking, “It’s jeans. What’s the big deal, right?” … Continue reading
I was trying to figure out where I wanted to take my mobile office today. Thought I’d switch it up a little. I’ll be eating froyo and working on stuff from 1 p.m. to 5 p.m. at Sweet Frog, 2071 … Continue reading
I was lucky to be a part of the group of women who sat at the MediaOne table Friday night at Taste of York City. It was held at the Valencia Ballroom in York. What a beautiful building. I thought … Continue reading
Nearly two weeks ago, I wrote about my experiences at the York Builders Association Home Show and how I noticed visitors walking around with what appeared to be complimentary furnace filters. At the time, I wondered which vendor had opted … Continue reading
The Daily Record/Sunday News now offers breaking news text alerts for your cell phone. Pretty cool, right? We launched email alerts a few months ago and it’s taken off. But we realized that most people get their information on their … Continue reading
Ok, the crowds weren’t huge, but I feel that those who did attend learned a lot. Last week, Cathy Hirko, Buffy Andrews and I spoke at the York Builders Association Home Show. Our two presentations focused on how to get information into the … Continue reading
As we all dig deep into our wallets for a little extra cash this holiday season, there’s a fun way for people with some extra coins laying around to cash in – Metro Bank’s “Magic Money Machine:”