About this blog
If you're looking for the latest news, commentary and money-saving tips from the business scene in York County, you've come to the right place. York Common Cents is the sounding board for the biz staff and those interested in money at the York Daily Record/ Sunday News.
- Old dog learns new tricks @NICAR14
- Do you have a Capital One credit card? You should expect a visit soon
- Made In York: Things you didn’t know were made here
- West York EMS chairman writes of regionalization following WellSpan decision
- Are more people landing jobs or are they simply dropping out of York County’s labor force?
- William Meneses on I report on health inspections. I have no idea where you should have dinner
- Christmas Eve shopping: It’s not procrastinating; it’s tradition | ShoppingWiz.net on How much of your holiday shopping is done online?
- Christmas Eve shopping: It’s not procrastinating; it’s tradition | Shopping Program on How much of your holiday shopping is done online?
- Tracy on Where do you get your stocking stuffers?
- bodyweight exercises for extraordinary strength pdf on Digital Divide: Among seniors, there are those who embrace technology and those who detest it
Popular Biz Tags#fitatwork Ashley Wislock business driving economy Emileigh Clare Facebook fit at work fitness food gas gasoline gas prices health holiday holidays ipad jobs journalism Lauren Boyer manufacturing money office life PA Pennsylvania reporting restaurants retail Saving saving money savings shopping social media spending store stores tech technology TheStreet YDR York York County york daily record York PA your money
Tag Archives: York County
Yuengling makes ice cream. Well, now they do. A branch of the beer-making family is bringing back the tradition this year. It ended in the 1980s. The Yuengling name first became associated with ice cream in 1920 — which I’m … Continue reading
A few weeks ago, I spoke with Grantley EMS about the changes they’ve made regarding WellSpan’s recent decision to stop leasing paramedics to the community. Then, I saw this on the @YorkRegionalEMS Twitter account. (Yoe Ambulance changed its name recently … Continue reading
It’s a brisk winter day. The snow is falling. You’re finishing up your Christmas shopping at the redeveloped West Manchester Mall. You have several stores you need to visit. They are spread around the open air center. But it’s cold. … Continue reading
Last week, we learned that the fridge in the York Daily Record/Sunday News break room needs some “special attention.” First, some string cheese went missing. Expired food is growing roots. An appliance shared by 100 adults has become a small … Continue reading
So, the Yorktowne can’t sell alcohol. Some of my friends have asked the question: “So what?” People in their 20s, I think, tend to gloss over the OffCenter Grill when contemplating where to go out on the weekends. It’s not … Continue reading
I love chips. Fact: After I wrote my story about the newly named Utz Arena, I waddled down to the grocery store to purchase questionable carryout sushi and a bag of No Salt Added Bar-B-Q goodness. I was tempted by the unsalted pretzels. Utz … Continue reading
My birthday is April 10. I can’t wait. It’s a week away, and you know what that means. Today is the day all my birthday freebies arrived in my email. A while back, I signed up for everything. Some of … Continue reading
The U.S. Army’s current funding plan calls for the Bradley Industrial Base — a network of 586 small businesses involved with production of BAE’s armored vehicles — to shut down for at least three years beginning in 2014. The story … Continue reading
Following is a news release from “a community development organization in York County” looking for people to join a focus group. The nonprofit organization asked that its name not be publicized upfront because it’s looking for participants who will consider … Continue reading
Check out this cool graphic about how the sequester is expected to affect Pennsylvania? Among the companies listed is BAE Systems in West Manchester Township. Last week, Randy Coble, spokesman for the site, said the company expects to eliminate about … Continue reading