About this blog
If you're looking for the latest news, commentary and money-saving tips from the business scene in York County, you've come to the right place. York Common Cents is the sounding board for the biz staff and those interested in money at the York Daily Record/ Sunday News.
- Old dog learns new tricks @NICAR14
- Do you have a Capital One credit card? You should expect a visit soon
- Made In York: Things you didn’t know were made here
- West York EMS chairman writes of regionalization following WellSpan decision
- Are more people landing jobs or are they simply dropping out of York County’s labor force?
- William Meneses on I report on health inspections. I have no idea where you should have dinner
- Christmas Eve shopping: It’s not procrastinating; it’s tradition | ShoppingWiz.net on How much of your holiday shopping is done online?
- Christmas Eve shopping: It’s not procrastinating; it’s tradition | Shopping Program on How much of your holiday shopping is done online?
- Tracy on Where do you get your stocking stuffers?
- bodyweight exercises for extraordinary strength pdf on Digital Divide: Among seniors, there are those who embrace technology and those who detest it
Popular Biz Tags#fitatwork Ashley Wislock business driving economy Emileigh Clare Facebook fit at work fitness food gas gasoline gas prices health holiday holidays ipad jobs journalism Lauren Boyer manufacturing money office life PA Pennsylvania reporting restaurants retail Saving saving money savings shopping social media spending store stores tech technology TheStreet YDR York York County york daily record York PA your money
Tag Archives: york daily record
On Christmas morning, my little sister and I still get stockings from my mom. She also fills a stocking for my dad, who is almost 60. She can’t help herself, I guess. We get the usual: Oranges. Sometimes a pomegranate. … Continue reading
This poem was sent to me by Robert Comer who resides in Red Lion, but lived in Chanceford Township for 20 years. He also also runs the Citizens Against Strip Club Facebook page. He was inspired to write it, he … Continue reading
Every office has a “free table.” You know … that place where people dump stuff from their house that they don’t want. Sometimes, bizarre trinkets show up. Old magazines. Coupons for random fast food restaurants. Romance novels with extremely awkward … Continue reading
The York Newspaper Company might explore sponsored content.
My parents help me out a lot with finding good deals, especially when it comes to squirreling away my savings. A few months ago, they recommended a money market account with a 1 percent interest rate. The minimum was $10,000. … Continue reading
There are a lot of little things you can do to be fit while at work, especially a night shift. Night news and digital editors at the York Daily Record give their tips to being healthy.
While hanging out at Sweet Frog yesterday, I saw Lyndsay McClain walk into Macklin’s Cupcakes. Meanwhile, she tied her rabbit, BB, to a bench outside. Just thought I’d share.
I was trying to figure out where I wanted to take my mobile office today. Thought I’d switch it up a little. I’ll be eating froyo and working on stuff from 1 p.m. to 5 p.m. at Sweet Frog, 2071 … Continue reading