About this blog
If you're looking for the latest news, commentary and money-saving tips from the business scene in York County, you've come to the right place. York Common Cents is the sounding board for the biz staff and those interested in money at the York Daily Record/ Sunday News.
- Why do York County drivers park on the side of the road whenever it rains or snows?
- Have you worked as a Harley casual? Tell us about it.
- No, that’s not the government spying on you. It’s an Amazon drone.
- On Facebook, York city merchant to customers: “You suck.”
- Frozen Giant turkey finally cooked one year later
- info on Want to use a stability ball for an office chair? Check out these ergonomics tips and exercise ideas
- Scott Bohlen on On Facebook, York city merchant to customers: “You suck.”
- T Anderson on On Facebook, York city merchant to customers: “You suck.”
- Marc on On Facebook, York city merchant to customers: “You suck.”
- Jim on On Facebook, York city merchant to customers: “You suck.”
Popular Biz Tags#fitatwork Ashley Wislock business driving economy Emileigh Clare Facebook fit at work fitness food gas gasoline gas prices health holiday holidays ipad jobs journalism Lauren Boyer money office life PA Pennsylvania reporting restaurants retail Saving saving money savings sean adkins shopping social media spending store stores tech technology TheStreet YDR York York County york daily record York PA your money
Tag Archives: York PA
A couple of weeks ago, I asked people to share their work fridge stories in response to the drama we’ve been having here at YDR. I got one response. One. Quality isn’t quantity, I remind you. That one response came … Continue reading
Investors and market watchers are preparing for an avalanche of second quarter earnings reports in the next couple weeks. In York County, three big companies are expected to issue their earnings this week and more companies across the country are … Continue reading
Last week, Lauren posted about her conversation with a local stock broker who reported that there’s plenty of interest in York about buying some Facebook stock. For many people, it may be the idea of owning a little part of … Continue reading
Following the success of their campaign for Support Our American Recruits, which began in 2010, Volvo Rents in York has started a new initiative featuring a second EC210 excavator – this one painted blue for the Make-A-Wish foundation. Whenever a … Continue reading
York Kia, located at 1305 Roosevelt Ave. in York, donated $2,000 to the PA Breast Cancer Coalition as part of a month-long campaign to raise support for the organization, according to Kevin Smith, the communications director for the Breast Cancer … Continue reading
For the third year in a row, Tom Burkhart, managing partner of the Springettsbury Township Texas Roadhouse, is a finalist for the Managing Partner of the Year award, the company’s highest honor. He was chosen from a pool of more … Continue reading
Monday, gas in York average $3.798, according to gas price tracking website, Gasbuddy.com. That’s pretty expensive, considering just one year ago, it averaged 3.356. But there is a tiny glimmer of sunshine for York County residents – we are still … Continue reading
Gas prices are continuing to climb this week. Here’s the data from the the Department of Energy’s Enegery Information Administration: Date … Continue reading