About this blog
If you're looking for the latest news, commentary and money-saving tips from the business scene in York County, you've come to the right place. York Common Cents is the sounding board for the biz staff and those interested in money at the York Daily Record/ Sunday News.
- Old dog learns new tricks @NICAR14
- Do you have a Capital One credit card? You should expect a visit soon
- Made In York: Things you didn’t know were made here
- West York EMS chairman writes of regionalization following WellSpan decision
- Are more people landing jobs or are they simply dropping out of York County’s labor force?
- William Meneses on I report on health inspections. I have no idea where you should have dinner
- Christmas Eve shopping: It’s not procrastinating; it’s tradition | ShoppingWiz.net on How much of your holiday shopping is done online?
- Christmas Eve shopping: It’s not procrastinating; it’s tradition | Shopping Program on How much of your holiday shopping is done online?
- Tracy on Where do you get your stocking stuffers?
- bodyweight exercises for extraordinary strength pdf on Digital Divide: Among seniors, there are those who embrace technology and those who detest it
Popular Biz Tags#fitatwork Ashley Wislock business driving economy Emileigh Clare Facebook fit at work fitness food gas gasoline gas prices health holiday holidays ipad jobs journalism Lauren Boyer manufacturing money office life PA Pennsylvania reporting restaurants retail Saving saving money savings shopping social media spending store stores tech technology TheStreet YDR York York County york daily record York PA your money
Tag Archives: York
Harley-Davidson’s York County operations was recently recognized by IndustryWeek as one of its 2013 “Best Plants.” Why? According to the publication, “New Factory York” meets the challenge of operational excellence and keeps pushing for more.
Are you looking for work? I hear Harley is hiring. If you’re out of work, this sounds like the perfect opportunity. I mean, $16.75 to $23.30 per hour? That’s no chump change. The higher range of that is about $48,000 … Continue reading
Warning: I’m about to complain about manners. I’m positive this problem has been happening as long as check out lines have existed, but here goes: The other day, I was in line at a certain discount clothier to purchase a … Continue reading
A few weeks ago, I visited Licatese & Son’s Barber Shop in Springettsbury Township. The shop celebrates its 10th anniversary this year. It is owned by Steve Licatese, 54, and his story is an American dream of sorts.
The York Fair bounced back this weekend after some low-attendance numbers of 12,327 on Wednesday and 16,442 on Thursday. Last week, we asked York Daily Record/Sunday News Facebook fans to explain the dip in attendance. The question garnered more than … Continue reading
My grandmother understood progress. Back in the day, she and my grandfather were among the first on the block to buy a microwave or purchase a color TV. She bought my family our first Gateway 2000 desktop computer. When I … Continue reading
There’s putting cellophone under the toilet seat. There’s putting weird, miscellaneous goop on door handles. And, of course, there’s planting (insert disgusting insect here) into your co-worker’s desk drawer. All of the above are likely to ensure your prompt termination … Continue reading
I still have my free turkey from Thanksgiving (I blogged about how excited I was to earn it via Giant points earlier this year.) I put it in different poses and had a photo shoot. I was ecstatic. But sometimes … Continue reading
Tomorrow is causal Friday at YDR. You know what that means: jeans. From what I understand, this is the first casual Friday in a long time for our company. I guess you’re thinking, “It’s jeans. What’s the big deal, right?” … Continue reading
It’s Restaurant Week in York city. Don’t get me wrong. I love to eat out. I’ll probably splurge at least once in the next five days … … But I’ll be honest: I’m not really the type to eagerly part … Continue reading