About this blog
If you're looking for the latest news, commentary and money-saving tips from the business scene in York County, you've come to the right place. York Common Cents is the sounding board for the biz staff and those interested in money at the York Daily Record/ Sunday News.
- Old dog learns new tricks @NICAR14
- Do you have a Capital One credit card? You should expect a visit soon
- Made In York: Things you didn’t know were made here
- West York EMS chairman writes of regionalization following WellSpan decision
- Are more people landing jobs or are they simply dropping out of York County’s labor force?
- William Meneses on I report on health inspections. I have no idea where you should have dinner
- Christmas Eve shopping: It’s not procrastinating; it’s tradition | ShoppingWiz.net on How much of your holiday shopping is done online?
- Christmas Eve shopping: It’s not procrastinating; it’s tradition | Shopping Program on How much of your holiday shopping is done online?
- Tracy on Where do you get your stocking stuffers?
- bodyweight exercises for extraordinary strength pdf on Digital Divide: Among seniors, there are those who embrace technology and those who detest it
Popular Biz Tags#fitatwork Ashley Wislock business driving economy Emileigh Clare Facebook fit at work fitness food gas gasoline gas prices health holiday holidays ipad jobs journalism Lauren Boyer manufacturing money office life PA Pennsylvania reporting restaurants retail Saving saving money savings shopping social media spending store stores tech technology TheStreet YDR York York County york daily record York PA your money
Tag Archives: your money
As biz reporter Sean Adkins will tell you – some collectibles are not only things to treasure, they are worth serious dough. You see, Sean’s convinced his mint-condition He-man figures are a veritable treasure trove of value – and according … Continue reading
Gas prices in York are up about four cents this week compared with last week, with an average price of $3.58, according to GasBuddy.,com. It’s a trend that is repeating across the country and TheStreet has broken down the top … Continue reading
“One hundred guests, $4,000″ seems like a nearly impossible feat for couples planning their weddings these days, but one contributor on TheStreet did it – and she is sharing her experience to help other couples budget. Abigail Dalton realized her … Continue reading
Two years ago, when iPod touches were all the rage, my mother saved up her reward points on my parents’ American Express faithfully for months before she was finally able to redeem them for a 16-GB iPod for my little … Continue reading
Ladies in Japan don’t have to worry about overheating this summer when they can’t find some air conditioning: an “ice bra” according to a D.C. Fox News station. Read this super cool product description: Each cup contains special gel packs … Continue reading
I nearly swerved in my car coming back to York this weekend when I saw a gas station practically giving away gasoline. OK, OK, they were charging $3.69 per gallon for regular, but compared to a few weeks ago, when … Continue reading
I nearly choked when I saw how much gas prices rose this weekend. $3.95 a gallon for regular? Do they think I’m made of money?! But even though gas prices have risen 11 cents in the past two weeks and … Continue reading