As I’ve said before, the trilogy has taken over the Springettsbury Township Books-A-Million best-seller list for weeks.
And now, the Associated Press has deemed York a “hotbed” for the erotic novels. An excerpt from the article:
Meagan Feeser, 30, in York, Pa., is a Kindle kind of Grey girl.
“It’s embarrassing enough without everyone around you knowing that you’re essentially reading pornography in their presence, not to mention the fact that I’m 37 weeks pregnant, so I would look like a walking stereotype,” she said. …
Turns out Feeser lives in a hotbed for “Fifty Shades,” according to the book site Goodreads, one of the first places where the phenom surfaced.
The site looked at readership among 8.6 million members around the country to see which areas are the most Grey, weighting the data to account for population and membership fluctuations.
What do you say, York — have you given in and read “Fifty Shades of Grey”?
– “Fifty Shades” books now have their own fanfiction.
– “Fifty Shades” pulled off some library shelves.
– Read the reaction from York County Libraries.
– Men are fans, too, of “Fifty Shades of Grey.”
– “Fifty Shades of Grey” gets a movie deal.