Local libraries and organizations have used book sales throughout the year. We’ll keep an updated list of the announcements that come our way. If we’re missing one, please let us know in the comments, or send an email to email@example.com.
- Red Land Community Library: Used book sale, 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. March 1 and March 3-8 during regular library hours. Gently used CDs and DVDs will also be for sale. For more information and library hours, visit rlfriends.org or call the library at 918-5599. The library is at 48 Robin Hood Drive, Etters.
- Friends of the Kreutz Creek Valley Library: Used book sale, 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. Mar. 14 and 8 a.m. to 2 p.m. Mar. 15 at Flinchbaugh’s Orchard and Farm Market, 110 Ducktown Rd., Hellam. For details, call the library at 252-4080.
- Book Nook Bonanza 2014: Annual book sale presented by the York Hospital Auxiliary will be June 20, 21 and 22 at the York City Ice Arena, 941 Vander Ave. Donations are being accepted 9 a.m. to noon Saturdays at a warehouse at 203 Dewey St., West York. Find more information on the sale, donations and how to get involved.
- Martin Library: During library hours. 159 E. Market St., York. In the first floor atrium. Hardcover/$1, paperback/50 cents, children’s/25 cents.
- Book Nook: 4 to 7 p.m. the first and second Monday of each month, and 8 a.m. to noon the third and fourth Saturday of each month. 144 W. Main St., Windsor. Come purchase like new books and support your local library. Also check out the mini Book Nook inside the Kaltreider-Benfer Library.
- Friends of the Library book sales: Noon to 7 p.m. Thursdays, May through August. Next door to Village Library, 35C N. Main St., Jacobus. Held rain or shine.
- New Cumberland Public Library: 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. the first and third Saturdays of each month. Foundation House, Ninth and Sharon streets. Call 717-774-7820 for details.
- Midtown Scholar Bookstore: Buy a Bag, Get a Bargain Saturdays! Buy a Midtown Scholar canvas tote for $10 and fill it with any books from the outside bargain displays. Now through December. For details, call 717-