Local libraries and organizations have used book sales throughout the year. We’ll keep an updated list of the announcements that come our way. If we’re missing one, please let us know in the comments, or send an email to email@example.com.
- The East Berlin Community Library: Second Saturday Sidewalk Booksale Series, 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. on the second Saturday of each month, May through August. Regular book sale pricing will be in effect when purchasing single items; stuff a grocery bag for $3. Call 717-259-9000 with questions.
- Collinsville Community Library: During the annual yard sale May 18, inside The Second Read, the library’s onsite book trailer. 2632 Delta Road, Chanceford Township. Call 717-927-9014 for details.
- Dillsburg Area Public Library: 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. June 1. 17 S. Baltimore St., Dillsburg. Hardcovers/$1; paperbacks/50 cents; children’s items/25 cents or five for $1. Weather permitting, the back doors will be open. Call 717-432-5612 for details.
- Red Land Community Library: During library hours June 1-8. 48 Robin Hood Drive, Newberry Township. Thousands of books, audio books, videos, DVDs, puzzles, etc. for sale. Children’s books/$1 or less, paperbacks/$1, hardcovers/$2, grab bags of books/$1. Call 717-938-5599 for details.
- Book Nook Bonanza: 5 to 9 p.m. June 21, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. June 22 and 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. June 23. York City Ice Arena, 941 Vander Ave., York. Admission is $5 for adults Friday; $2 Saturday. Children 12 years and younger admitted free. The sale is closed from noon to 1 p.m. Saturday, then reopens for a half-price sale from 1 to 5 p.m. Visit www.wellspan.org for details.
- Book Blast: Opens to York County Heritage Trust members Aug. 14; opens to the public Aug. 15-17. Agricultural and Industrial Museum, 217 W. Princess St., York. Call 717-848-1587, ext. 223 for details.
- Martin Library: During library hours. 159 E. Market St., York. In the first floor atrium. Hardcover/$1, paperback/50 cents, children’s/25 cents.
- Book Nook: 4 to 7 p.m. the first and second Monday of each month. 144 W. Main St., Windsor. Come purchase like new books and support your local library. Also check out the mini Book Nook inside the Kaltreider-Benfer Library.
- Friends of the Library book sales: Noon to 7 p.m. Thursdays, May through August. Next door to Village Library, 35C N. Main St., Jacobus. Held rain or shine.
- New Cumberland Public Library: 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. the first and third Saturdays of each month. Foundation House, Ninth and Sharon streets. Call 717-774-7820 for details.
- Book Nook: 8 a.m. to noon the third and fourth Saturday of each month. 144 W. Main St., Windsor. Come purchase like new books and support your local library. Also check out the mini Book Nook inside the Kaltreider-Benfer Library.